ID:2383750

Resolved
Enter() and Entered() did not work correctly for areas in all cases. Additionally, when an area was "bumped", the argument to the non-area Bump call was not the turf in that area that actually triggered the bump.
BYOND Version:512.1437
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 67.0.3396.99
Applies to:Dream Daemon

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Issues with Entered() in Areas, and Projectile Bumps.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Moving from the North towards South, into an area with Entered(), it doesn't trigger, same for moving from East to West.
Projectiles seems to bug out as well, when they bump into something dense from North towards south and east towards west, it has a delay of 1 sec, this issue doesn't show up on South to North, West to East, for both entered() and projectile bump.

Expected Results:
Entered and projectile dense bump to be properly triggered, North to south, east to west.
Actual Results:
North to south, east to west are broken.

When does the problem NOT occur?
Always occures.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

512.1435 worked fine.
512.1437 broken

Workarounds:
Revert to 512.1435 or lower. No other workaround.
Test cases are hugely important for bug reports like this.
I would make a test case but for whatever reason 512.1437, all of the sudden Windows defender/Firewall and Malwarebytes Antivirus Malware, threat it's dreemseeker.exe as a high value ransomware of high caliber, can't do anything about it for now.

Something that was added to this update does not boat well with the security.
Ok it seems only the installation version for 512.1437 is corrupted, the zip one works fine.

Here's the test case https://www.dropbox.com/s/uazjm6a6xl0atyr/ ProjectTest.rar?dl=0

Simply enter and exit the water from all sides and you'll see whats happening.

Noted i did not test other stuff like Crossed, etc. Test those as well.

Perform same tests on turfs as well
Windows Defender seems to freak out over releases that came not long after the previous release. What doesn't bode well for security is their tendency to produce false positives.

You should of course report those as false positives to Microsoft and to Malwarebytes.
Got the test case?
I see this illustrates the area problem. I'm not seeing anything about projectiles in there.
No, no projectiles that would be a bit more complicated for me to give you a test case, but i have a feeling all of this is connected to the changes you made to the Move(), another issue i found in one of my other project that uses click to move, path-finding is that when you go from A to B and finishes on B the dreamseeker completely freezes up,crashes. Issue is not there 512.1435 and lower, its just these 2 new updates that have brought a lot of issues.
The area fix appears to be pretty straightforward. However it's the only problem I can find: areas are not stopping movement when they should, and Bump() has the wrong argument. (I know that's two problems, but they're basically the same cause.) Neither of those would explain a crash.

I still need a test case for your crash.
I forgot to add that a part of that was areas also not calling Entered() in some situations.

Still waiting on something I can use to reproduce your crash issue.
I can-t find the exact code thats crashing, so i will have to give you the source, and point you towards where i think its happening, thats the best i can do for now. In few i will direct message you.
I got your test case for the crash issue, but it appears to be hanging rather than crashing. Have you also observed an actual crash?
Yes the hanging is what i'm talking about, you can't stop it without force closing it is what i meant.
Crashes and hangs are entirely different things. The distinction matters a great deal.

I did manage to isolate the hang and it turned out to be a very effective project for reproducing what is probably the last of the last turf image hang issues, so thank you for that.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Enter() and Entered() did not work correctly for areas in all cases. Additionally, when an area was "bumped", the argument to the non-area Bump call was not the turf in that area that actually triggered the bump.