Zenith's Call

by Zete
Zenith's Call
A fantastical online tactical-MORPG. Join now, play for free!
ID:2403517

Zenith's Call is having a contest and you can name our very first village! The winner will have a statue dedicated to their character placed in the center of the village and the surrounding area will be named after their winning entry. You can enter by joining our Discord channel and entering your submission in the Contests channel with your character name and village name along with any lore friendly details you'd like attached to it.

We will be reviewing the submissions and choosing the one we like best.

The village is set in the woodlands, and is dominated by a large castle keep that provides the defenses the townsfolk need to stave off the monsters!

A sample screenshot of 'Alpha Village'

Loriel ;)
Pallet Town
Asben Village
Orcwood Village
Konoha
Gangsta's Paradise

Byond's Gang$ta
Lignum Keep

Lignum is Latin for wood, or woodland. I think it's fitting for a starter town. Good luck to the other contestants!
The zenith is an imaginary point directly "above" a particular location, on the imaginary celestial sphere. "Above" means in the vertical direction opposite to the apparent gravitational force at that location. The opposite direction, i.e. the direction in which gravity pulls, is toward the nadir. (Wikipedia) So I'll just suggest to call the beginning village "Nadir Village" As it is like the starting and lowest point of the Story. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zenith
Primary idea Lumrik
Secondary idea Woodbrick
Nargo Town
Ferio
Neeta
Hayatwood
Khashab
Hattab
Zaanlyf
Sugon
Good entries so far. I did originally say the only way to enter was through our Discord, but I suppose I'll honor these ones as well.

Keep 'em coming! :)
Axiom Village
Amburn Village
Eden
In response to Blackstar1134
Pretty Genius idea sound clean to and an actual town name.
So! After much deliberation, Zete and I discussed this morning and went through our top three entries, eventually deciding on an entry we both liked and thought fit within the world we're building.

That entry, which is straight from our Discord channel, is Wakarin Village - which after adjustments to our world, has become Wakai Village. Thanks TheGandalf for your submission and congratulations! You will have a statue dedicated to your character in the village named after your submission.

TheGandalf's submission:
Character name (current or intended): Claude Orihae
Village Name: Wakairin Village

Any lore/details you want to include:
Weeabo Alert. Wakairin is actually wordplay in japanese > for the words "Young" and "Forest", which is a good name for this in most ways, such as "Young" as in a novice of something. The name sounds cool, and has some meaning to it!

By lore, Wakairin could have a historical meaning to it's world by being called it due to the town itself being a hallmark for new adventurers, or simply calling it that because the forest is "ageless". I assume people don't talk in japanese in this world, so it can transliterate to "Ageless Forest" or "Forest of Neverending Youth" here.

Thanks everyone for participating. We will keep all these entries in mind for our future towns and villages in the game.
Congrats! Good stuff.