ID:2426887

Applies to:

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
A way to use the BYOND credits API inside a project would be very useful. Currently there's ways to set and get a users credits, but no way to generate the pay keys used by PayPal for payments.

I'd like to embed payments for our game without redirecting the user to BYOND.com for processing. This is currently not possible without some real hacky workarounds.
Any considerations going into the addition of something like this for future release, 513+?

An expanded credit toolset / Steam integrations would be a great boon I think.
Yipe. Embedding pay key stuff into the software would be difficult. The website would still have to handle at least some of it, although some bits could be done via an AJAX call.

The bigger problem is you can't just do a payment without a browser window; the user has to login on their account, and the embedded browser isn't able to use cookies.
Nor does the embedded browser support Paypal at all. They reject access from older IE (even in edge mode)
My requirement here is to have a common look & feel across all sectors of user accessible landscape. I don't want any red flags to be raised by our users when they are directed to an unfamiliar website and asked to enter CC/Paypal details.

Maybe a possible solution is then to have a customizable payments page, similar to the New Account / Forgot Password pages in the BYONDexe live.css?
I have a bad feeling we might have to ditch embedded IE to have embedded payments at all, security reasons.
Crazah, there are options in the standalone stuff for custom styling. In your hub entry editor, go to the Templates tab, next to the Distribution tab.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Crazah, there are options in the standalone stuff for custom styling. In your hub entry editor, go to the Templates tab, next to the Distribution tab.

Opps. I haven't ever seen this as I'm a helper on the hub and it appears they don't have access to these tabs. I'll coordinate with the hub owner and investigate that way.