RPG Starter

by Falacy
An Open Source Demo/Game with everything you'll need to get started on your very own BYOND Game!
ID:2429342

Code:
turf
TitleScreens
density=1
MainTitle
icon='title.png'
Click()
usr.loc=locate(29,14,2)
herolobby
icon='waragestartscreen.png'
LobbyButton
Click()
usr.loc = locate(/turf/start)
usr.physics()
HeroButton
Click()
usr.loc=locate(0,0,2)

Problem description:

i tried to get the hang your title screens the first screen works when you click on it but i cant get the buttons to work any idea why
Surge mage wrote:
Code:
turf
> TitleScreens
> density=1
> MainTitle
> icon='title.png'
> Click()
> usr.loc=locate(29,14,2)
> herolobby
> icon='waragestartscreen.png'
> LobbyButton
> Click()
> usr.loc = locate(/turf/start)
> usr.physics()
> HeroButton
> Click()
> usr.loc=locate(0,0,2)
>

Problem description:

i tried to get the hang your title screens the first screen works when you click on it but i cant get the buttons to work any idea why

I suspect your code is correct, but that you may need to check the placing of your buttons on the map. Take a look at the demo, and you will see that you need to place your associated button's turf at all locations where you want to have a button. Hope this helps.
well i tried that and well, the button is placed correctly i can tell by right clicking but its not shaded like in the demo i wonder why so when i run it the mouse only sees the herolobby icon
if i set the button layer to 3 i can see the shading but still cant click on em
also i noticed on the demo, when you right click on the map there is an option'insert over topmost turf' which is available on the demo but not when i try it on m project
It may be that the Demo was made with an earlier version of BYOND and manages to maintain some outdated options--I'm not sure. I would suggest experimenting with using something other than a turf for your buttons--try an object or an area. Typically, there is only one turf per tile, but objects can have multiple, so BYOND should be expecting that.

Also, BYOND may be avoiding transparency with the Click proc. So if your buttons are transparent, I think it's possible it might go through it. I would suggest experimenting with having the buttons have solid colors, and seeing if you can then click on them.