ID:2477098

Hey im currently on my grandpas "wow computer" and im wondering how can i get byond to work on this ?
1) Slap your grandfather for buying that thing. Did you know it cost him between $1,000 - $1,600 on an easy $399 for 4 months payment plan to buy that? Did you know that you could get a computer for $400 with better specs than that one?

2) Slap him again.

3) Keep slapping.

You aren't gonna get BYOND to run on that thing.

Also, I bet they locked him into some kind of maintenance subscription and he's paying hundreds of dollars a month to have a piece of shit.
Intel® Celeron Quad Core Processor, 2.4GHz.
2G DDR3.
Intel® 965 Graphics.
32GB Flash Drive as Storage.
$1,099 for a $25 PC with a $50 Touchscreen.

Oh man. I remember those days of using ancient technology to run BYOND. Good luck, buddy. Just gonna be completely honest since I'm not providing any positive feedback so far, but you're much better off saving $75 and shopping on Facebook Marketplace/Craigslist for a far better PC with Windows, make life much simpler for you.
Has something changed that prevents it running on those specs? They look solid for a late-90's/early-2000's computer, (it's QUAD-CORE OMG) which is basically what BYOND was written for. Maybe turn off graphics acceleration or something?

When I first saw "wow computer" the first thing I thought was it was something grandpa kept in his "boom-boom room."

Edit: I'm guessing you could follow the Wine instructions at ID:724526. Running in a VM is probably a non-starter with those specs, but Wine may work?
In response to Hiead
Hiead wrote:
Has something changed that prevents it running on those specs? They look solid for a late-90's/early-2000's computer, (it's QUAD-CORE OMG) which is basically what BYOND was written for. Maybe turn off graphics acceleration or something?

When I first saw "wow computer" the first thing I thought was it was something grandpa kept in his "boom-boom room."

Edit: I'm guessing you could follow the Wine instructions at ID:724526. Running in a VM is probably a non-starter with those specs, but Wine may work?

Byond doesn't play nice with Intel graphics. Even if he gets a vm running on that shitbox, gramps is gonna have a coronary when his $1600 Google is "broken".