ID:2531583

BYOND Version:512
Operating System:Windows 10 Home
Web Browser:Firefox 71.0
Applies to:BYOND Pager

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
After installing certain libraries (presumably related to the way a library is named), other libraries can become inaccessible.

Explicitly, I just put pif_Random up on the hub. After installing it to my PC via the pager, pif_Random.MersenneTwister is no longer available from the dropdown in Dream Maker. pif_Random is installed to C:\Users\[User]\Documents\BYOND\lib\popisfizzy\pif_random while pif_Random.MersenneTwister is installed to C:\Users\[User]\Documents\BYOND\lib\popisfizzy\pif_random\me rsennetwister\pif_Random.MersenneTwister. Presumably it's a result of the "X" and "X.Y" naming scheme I had going on.

[edit]

To further confuse the matter, trying to open pif_Random via the Lib dropdown attempts to open pif_Random.MersenneTwister, and trying to uninstall pif_Random.MersenneTwister via the pager causes the pager to say the library is not installed!
Well, this is gonna be a fun beast to track down. A few libraries in the past have used the X.Y.Z form rather than X.Y but it's super rare. Officially there's never been true support for these "tiered" lib names, so the issues here probably go way back.
I think it's a relatively natural perspective to take that it shouldn't be thought of as being about supporting a given naming convention. The name is just a particular string of ASCII characters, and the fact that two libraries with similar strings of characters in a certain way cause a failure to install correctly and several other problems is just a plain old bug. The hub certainly doesn't declare any particular character as being semantically notable, e.g. the way "/" is for file paths or something
Yeah, I get what you mean. I'll try to figure out the ins and outs of this in the new year, although I suspect there are multiple layers involved here.