ID:2540783

I joined on January 28, 2005 so my account is as of the other day 15 years old. Hurrah and all that.

All congrats can be in the form of a check made out to "cash".
Congratz, hopefully the BYOND curse keeps us youthful.
Man, time flies by so fast. Happy (belated) account-creation-date :D
You think that's old? I've been around BYOND since 2001, and I'm still here. BYOND itself was first launched in the late 1990s.
In response to Ryuujin
"Oh man, let me tell you," said the recent high school graduate to the incoming freshman, "you think you're in high school and you know everything. But once you're out in the real world? Like I am? Things are so much different."
Wait until you're my age...
In response to Flick
Appropriate display pic
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
Wait until you're my age...

Okay, boomer.
Jeeeee, it's been a minute.
Ha, 17 years! ...wait.

Did you frequent Chatters back in the day? I logged in here for the first time since forever and recognised your name.
I have got you all beat
Damn we're old.
Back when I joined in 1999 I was 12. BYOND really got me into programming, even though I sucked at it. Now I work with programming/configuring servers all over the world remotely (DevOps). BYOND really sparked my interest in computers.
Pretty sure it's thanks to BYOND that I write code for the same reasons most people read books or play video games. This confuses or infuriates professional programmers. Not sorry.

Oh hey everyone.
Nostalgia Intensifies
Geezer Group unite.
:)
In response to James
James wrote:
:)

That's cheating. :(
In response to Mousie_kebabs
Mousie_kebabs wrote:
Did you frequent Chatters back in the day? I logged in here for the first time since forever and recognised your name.

I did. Your key looks familiar too, but it's been years and if I'm being honest I can't remember anything about you
In response to Seto
Seto wrote:
Back when I joined in 1999 I was 12. BYOND really got me into programming, even though I sucked at it. Now I work with programming/configuring servers all over the world remotely (DevOps). BYOND really sparked my interest in computers.

Currently looking at going into teaching computer science at school. I wonder if I can turn some kids toward the fun a community like this used to have.

19 year old account — I forget I’m even that old sometimes.
And here I am thinking it's a flex to have 2007

Byond's Gangsta
Page: 1 2