by Exadv1
Space Station 13
Stay alive inside Space Station 13
ID:2566914

BYOND Version:512
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 81.0.4044.129
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I used to play SS13 around a year ago a lot, with absolutely no issues. I eventually had to stop playing completely, and did not update the BYOND launcher at all throughout the year, and am attempting to begin playing again. I attempted to run the game and forgot to update (which it eventually told me to do when attempting to join a game), so I'm currently updated to the stable 512 build.

Now, when attempting to join a SS13 game, it initially opens up the game window with the words "Dream Seeker is too out of date. Version 513 is required. Go to byond.com/download to update your" (rest of the text is cut off at the bottom). After a few seconds it switches to looking like this:

https://i.gyazo.com/8f15801dba1d999f913f876a9272e54b.png

It remains stuck at that with no changes. I've checked other gamemodes and they download and run fine. I've checked my firewall and it's permitted, and I've made sure to add it to exceptions in my antivirus AVG (though I have not really touched the two in terms of their settings since playing the game a year ago).

From my own searches, it seems others have encountered the same issues years ago and is caused by prior windows 10 updates, but their solutions (which many didn't have) mentioned deleting an update that I do not have. If any other information is necessary please let me know, I'd love to get back into the game but can't because of this annoying issue.
I've updated to the unstable 513 beta as the message said to see if things would change. I began downloading the assets for the game I was joining and it seemed to be going well. After appearing to finish downloading, the game closes right after, and attempting to join a game again just opens and closes Dream Seeker after a few seconds. Hope this extra info helps to determine the issue.