ID:260882

When i am writing this, I am not thinking about myself. I am thinking about everyone else. Otherwise I'd just change my own settings, find my article; basically use my own computer hustling skills and be done with it.

------------------------------
-Default Font-

So I was typing in DM, when I suddenly copied the text to msn and noticed how much cleaner and easier to read things were regardless of if lines were spaced out or not.
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3082/txtcmp.png

The default font is too cluttered and difficult to read. If we're going to advertise, it would be advisable to give things a better look/feel.
-------------------------------------
-Article Search-

So I go to "Developers ->Articles" looking for LJR's article on AI. I type in "AI",

1. I get "Search results for 'AI site:DreamMakers'"

At this point I am confused, I know I was just reading this article the other day. So I know it exists and I know there have been plenty of articles on AI. It came to the point where I had to literally type in "Lummox JR" and just use the process of elimination. The article was called "DevTalk: Make your monsters pay attention". Which had the word "AI" in the description.
You can change your font in DM. Along with the color and everything else.
In response to Leur
Leur wrote:
You can change your font in DM. Along with the color and everything else.

"When i am writing this, I am not thinking about myself. I am thinking about everyone else. Otherwise I'd just change my own settings, find my article; basically use my own computer hustling skills and be done with it. "

It's not about me, it's about giving Byond a good look. Making things more presentable.
In response to Hulio-G
This sort of makes me wonder -- programs like Notepad++ can apply highlighting styles to any font, monospace or not, so where's the missing link in the DM code editor? I'm perfectly happy with Droid Sans Mono, but why can't it manage variable width fonts?
In response to Leur
They have to be monospace fonts, though (Although I'm perfectly happy with Consolas)
None of this will make a bit of difference once DMIDE is completed.
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
None of this will make a bit of difference once DMIDE is completed.

What's the good word on that anyways? I haven't heard much about it lately which is likely due to not knowing where to look for progress notes.
In response to Mobius Evalon
The default font is too cluttered and difficult to read. If we're going to advertise, it would be advisable to give things a better look/feel.

This is a matter of opinion. Every editor I've ever used has used a fixed-width font by default (courier almost 100% of the time), and I've never had a complaint.

edit: the fact that you can't use a non-fixed width font at all seems pretty ridiculous though.