ID:2647079

I have been warned about sharing the same computer_id as another user when I connected a few times before. I was told this could happen with pirated copies of Windows, but mine is legal. It's resolved now, but I eventually ended up getting banned from a server because of someone else. How are computer_ids calculated?
If this is for SS13 you'll have to go to their forum. This forum "on topic" is about byond itself, not any specific game inside it.
In response to KuroChi
KuroChi wrote:
If this is for SS13 you'll have to go to their forum. This forum "on topic" is about byond itself, not any specific game inside it.

Right, the issues in the game had already been resolved before I posted. The reason I posted it here is because "computer_id" is a Byond function and it's listed in the documentation as a "read-only text value which contains a unique numerical identifier for the player's computer." I was more curious about how they are retrieved because I apparently shared that value with another player.
Unfortunately, with the prevalence of identical hardware/software setups it's entirely possible for the ID to generate the same value between two different users.