ID:265287

I'd just like to know what kind of background you all would like. To be more specific, I mean, what does everyone target to be. Now in Seika, everyone wants to be the best Blacksmith and Mage. It sounds boring, but it's just an example.
I always tend to go with Rogue, Assassin, or Ninja. Sometimes if the game looks like the spells are going to be cool, I might be a Necromancer, however. The stealth warriors are my favorite to play. (If that's what you were wanting to know.)
There is no competition, as the agile assailants win the day - things such as combat monks, ninjas and similar warriors. They are just too cool.

The average fighter/warrior class in many games is alright, but it is lacking. It does not have many unique abilities, as all it does is mundane attacking. Spellcasters are usually on the opposite end of the spectrum with an assortment of different types of spells.

I prefer types that have interesting and unique abilities; like spellcasting as a wizard; sneaking, disguising, pick pocketting, ect. as a rogue; and sometimes the lesser in this category - the ranger.

I like to think of the mundane types, like the average fighter, as characters used to learn a game or to balance out a group of adventurers.

One class that I seem to never want to be is cleric.

(Just edited the above sentence. I don't know what I was thinking, as I mistyped it horridly and it said the opposite of what I meant.)
In response to Kunark
Thank you all , I will be definatley add Ninja as a class, and a definate Necromancer and Cleric.
In response to Loduwijk
Loduwijk wrote:

(Just edited the above sentence. I don't know what I was thinking, as I mistyped it horridly and it said the opposite of what I meant.)

What are you talking about? The cleric is the best class in the game! x_X Not only can you fight monsters, but you can heal yourself while you fight the monsters. Makes everything a whole lot easier if you ask me.

~Chance
In response to Loduwijk
There is no competition, as the agile assailants win the day - things such as combat monks, ninjas and similar warriors. They are just too cool.

Meh the more equip slots you can use the better. Any power gamer knows this :). Generally monks get the shaft since their power is directly related to their level because most games don't offer them much in equipable stuff they can use.

The average fighter/warrior class in many games is alright, but it is lacking. It does not have many unique abilities, as all it does is mundane attacking.
Spellcasters are usually on the opposite end of the spectrum with an assortment of different types of spells.

For PC games I generally go with whatever class/race combo I can be the most powerful as and cover most the game with. So in many cases this is a fighter since in most games where you control a single character mage almost never works out to be powerful enough to overcompensate for the fact that you die so easily. Though in Arcanum mages out did any other class type by far so I usually make mage type characters in that game.

I prefer types that have interesting and unique abilities; like spellcasting as a wizard; sneaking, disguising, pick pocketting, ect. as a rogue; and sometimes the lesser in this category - the ranger.

In most games it doesn't matter what class you are it just boils down to how much of a pain putting up limited use/time skills is and number crunching. Though when playing a real roleplaying game(ie tabletop) I stick with non-fighter class since you can actually do interesting things when you have a human managing the game :).

I like to think of the mundane types, like the average fighter, as characters used to learn a game or to balance out a group of adventurers.

Fighters are generally the characters that are there to shield other party members from damage and cause mass damage to individuals, clerics back them up with health and buff type stuff, and mages are for mass annialation but tend to be not as good against boss type characters which are generally heavily resistant to most stuff and downright immune to all the useful or instant kill stuff.

Yeah clerics generally just play a support role which isn't very interesting :P. They are only viable as a class to play if the game makes it a pain to heal otherwise and can hold their own in direct combat. Though in pen and paper D&D they get insanely powerful spells at higher levels.