ID:265318

I planned to make a RTS game, but I barely planned anything.Any ideas on a goal for the game? Units? Buildings? Anything?
Ok well you should really go fururistic because there are too many medevil ones. Make like a Halo RTS where depending on your resources you can make like the crew, than soldiers, than snipers, than spartans etc. You could also play as the covenant with there grunts etc. Or maybe even the flood!
In response to Covering Fire
Covering Fire wrote:
Ok well you should really go fururistic because there are too many medevil ones. Make like a Halo RTS where depending on your resources you can make like the crew, than soldiers, than snipers, than spartans etc. You could also play as the covenant with there grunts etc. Or maybe even the flood!

I vote for a Roman RTS. This can include many unit types such as Catapaults, trebuchets, Phalanx, Swordsmen, Archers, Cavalry, Hoplites, spearmen. etc etc
In response to Game sabre
I really like that Halo idea. It would be a nice change from the usual swordsman/archer, and sounds like it would fit nicely into a RTS. I say, go for a Halo theme, but thats just my opinion.
I like that idea! However, I would like to stress that if this is the way he's going to go, he should contact whoever owns the rights to Halo (even if he doesn't plan on making money off of it). Extra winning conditions could be destroying, activating, or escaping Halo depending on the players race. Getting the balance right might be tough though, would the Flood even be playable when there is nobody around to contaminate? You could always use them like bandits in Civilization 2.
Make a RTS with a groovy theme. Players control different hippie groups as they expand in number from lack of birth control and free love.

Starting unit is a VW Bus full of dirty hippies. Choose a location to park the van and setup a drum circle, this becomes the player's home base.

Units:

Dude - The most basic foot soldier, clothed in only a dirty poncho and Birkenstocks this weak but brave fellow's main task is to harvest burritos from the local 7-Eleven and sell drugs at the Phish concert to bring in revenue.

Psychonaut - This spaced out warrior fights with all three of his remaing brain cells. Special attack is The Freakout where, like a deranged berserker, this character will inflicit double damage to surrounding enemies as well as himself in an attempt to kill the bugs crawling all over him.

Buildings:

Love Shack and Dirty Tent - Each Love Shack will make double the number of hippies as the dirty tent.

Soy Garden - Each one foot square soy garden can feed two hippies for 30 minutes of game play. After 30 minutes the hippies become malnutritioned and die, unless you build a Burrito Factor.

Hey you asked for ideas. :Q
What's Halo? I don't have a lot of money, soooo...(I'm going to die for saying this)
In response to Grei
I actually thought of using this for a second. Haha, nice idea though.
In response to Merciless Warrior
Merciless Warrior wrote:
What's Halo? I don't have a lot of money, soooo...(I'm going to die for saying this)

I'm an XBOX hater, but I know what Halo is...

And if you're online here, then you could afford www.gamesradar.com or a google search, no?