FEED CLASSIC

by Kumorii
FEED CLASSIC
The classic action/survival shooter!
ID:2714382

Long time no see, Feeders!

I hope you've all been well and staying safe these few years since the last Feed post. A lot has changed and the world seems a little sideways these days. I'm convinced that something in the space-time continuum broke when Feed's development concluded.. and the only way to fix this universal error and correct the timeline is to bring Feed back from the dead! It's perfect timing too, considering that this year marks one decade since Feed's inception!

The above is the only remaining footage of the earliest version of Feed; way back in 2011. It's amazing how much Feed grew between each iteration of the project, and every remastering refined and improved upon the formula of the prior project. I'm excited for the future of Feed, and have already been making steady progress on the next generation of Feed!

For roughly two months I've been chipping away at the framework for another complete rewrite of the project. I've been putting much more effort into this iteration and fleshing out core gameplay mechanics as much as possible before building more on top of them. The project is not very far along yet, and there is a lot of development that needs to happen between now and a playable beta. I do have tentative plans to have a gameplay demo available by Halloween which would showcase the basic gameplay mechanics of the action shooter framework that i'm building for the project's foundation.

Currently entity dismemberment, destructible terrain assets, pushing/pulling barriers, basic gunplay, explosion physics, and kinetic knockbacking are all implemented and functional. There's a lot I could explain here, but instead; consider joining BYONDiscord and catching up on the progress by reading the #not-feed dev blog I've been maintaining! Follow progress, provide input, and get more technical insight into the development process for the project!

Anyways; enjoy a couple gifs!

I'm excited for what the future holds for Feed and look forward to sharing more with you all as we bring Feed into the new decade. We MUST fix the timeline!

Feel free to ask questions, but until next time - stay safe!

Follow development in BYONDiscord!
Enjoy my work? Buy me a coffee!
I can't believe it's been 10 years... I still remember when u first announced it.
In response to RareScar
Time is a pretty wild thing.. ^.^'

Hope you've been well!
Ikr... and yeah its been alright. Glad to see you're still around and hope you've been well as well.