ID:272603

I'm banging my head against my desk trying to figure out how to make Fog of War. My main problem is that I don't know where to begin or how to make the fog only visible to areas that have explored by a specific player.

Any specific procs or such I should look up? I tried using client.screen but there doesn't seem to be any way to make create Fog of War with that.
I'd suggest using Garthor's Fog of War library.

http://www.byond.com/developer/Garthor/FogofWar
Just got it working. Thanks. :)
In response to Xooxer
Oh, this is done quite well, using images instead of client.screen, I didn't think of that. I don't get though why it is limited to 15 players, is it a performance consideration?

--edit--

Nevermind, I just read the readme and it says "the number of areas used is 2**player" so i guess there is a maximum of 2**15 areas. I still don't get why it is exponential, I'll read it again more in detail.
In response to CIB
CIB wrote:
Nevermind, I just read the readme and it says "the number of areas used is 2**player" so i guess there is a maximum of 2**15 areas. I still don't get why it is exponential, I'll read it again more in detail.

It's exponential because only one area can hold a turf at any given location. This means for Player A to see location L, Player B not to see location L, and Player C to see location L, a specific area must be created for this combination. The more players, the more areas that need to be created to cover all the combinations. It's probably the fastest method, but as you can see, has some drawbacks.