ID:273003

is there some kind of built in proc or variable for this? im trying to make as a player uses his eye ability his screen goes darker slowly because he loses his eyesight i have the timing for it all done i just need to know if there is a variable or proc for it....
There is no built-in thing for an effect like this. I think you might want to check out Foomer's Fade library.
You'd be able to this easily with a transparent screen object that appears over the whole map. Its icon would gradually get darker (probably more accurate would be to say less transparent) or what-have-you, this could be different icon_states in the icon. Look into screen objects, which includes a search or two and looking up the screen and screen_loc vars.
In response to Kaiochao
hmm looked at a couple of demos but i want to make the player unable to see other mobs on the screen just themselves and black.
In response to B-mut
I meant specifically Foomer's Fade library, not really demos.
It's for the fade part of your question.

For the other part, you could probably use the sight variable and SEE_SELF. I'm not sure if the sight variable would make screen objects invisible though.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
For the other part, you could probably use the sight variable and SEE_SELF.

Yes, he'd need to turn on both the SEE_SELF and BLIND bits to do what he wants.

I'm not sure if the sight variable would make screen objects invisible though.

Thankfully, it doesn't, so this works perfectly. That's natural too, since screen objects aren't related to the mob (or his sight) anyway, but rather are to the player, as they're displayed directly to the player on his screen independently of his mob.
In response to Kaiochao
My library lets you change the layer of the darkness, so if you want the player to be able to see themselves on top of the darkness, you can set the player's layer to a higher layer, or create an image on top of the player with a higher layer than the darkness.