ID:273042

How can I make a var list the users coordinates or location on the map? I know how to do this like

world<<"[x],[y],[z]"

But i need to make a Variable that contains your coordinates to use them on a grid. Can you please help me?

Also don't say

mob/var
Location="[x],[y],[z]"

Because i get a error saying

Player\Creation.dm:256:error:= :expected a constant expression
mob
var/xyz
verb/myXYZ() //or New(), or a proc...
xyz="[src.x]/[src.y]/[src.z]"

Then just output the xyz to the grid.
In response to Vic Rattlehead
It only shows black in the grid where the coordinates are supposed to show.
In response to XxBloody NightmarexX
mob
var/xyz
verb/myXYZ() //or New(), or a proc...
xyz="[src.x]/[src.y]/[src.z]"
src<<output("[src.xyz]","controlshere")

Of course, it looks really bad when outputted (a ton of boxes open up near it), but that's your job to fix.
mob
var/Location
proc/Myxyz() //or New(), or a proc...
Location="[src.x],[src.y]"

mob/proc
Update_Who()
set background = 1
var/Row = 1
var/People = list()
var/A = 0
src << output("<center><font size =1><font color = red>Name","Who:[1],[Row]")
src << output("<center><font size =1><font color = red>Location","Who:[2],[Row]")
A += Players//add the number of players online to the temporary var so that it doesnt affect the Players var during the proces
People += Online//add the online people to the temporary list so as to leave the Online list from being affected by the process
Row += 1//add 1 to Row so that what comes next uses row 2 and not row 1
sleep(0)
while(A)//this will loops the process while A is still greater than 0
for(var/mob/M in People)//finds a person in the People list
src << output("<center><font size =1>[M]","Who:[1],[Row]")//displays this person's key in the grid
src << output("<center><font size =1>[M.Myxyz(Location)]","Who:[2],[Row]")//displays this persons's status in the grid
People -= M//removes the person from the list so there not repeated
Row += 1//makes the Row var increase by 1 so the next process will use the row bellow the current row and wont mess up the system
A -= 1//removes 1 number from A. A's number co-ensides with the number of people in People so when A hits 0 it means there isnt anyone in the list and stops the process
sleep 1//gives a delay of 1/10 seconds to stop infinite loop problems.
if(A == 0)//this will occur once the while(A) stops it'le display the number of players bellow the last name.
src << output("<center><font size =1>Players :","Who:[1],[Row]")
src << output("<center><font size =1>[Players]","Who:[2],[Row]")
Row += 1
..()

mob/var
Status = "Online"//you can use this to represent whether a person is afk, busy etc you can duplicate it to reflect other things if you want to as well.

var//these vars dont need any reference (src,usr,client etc)
Online = list()//this will be the list of people who have logged in.
Players = 0//this is the number of players who are on.
In response to XxBloody NightmarexX
Did you even read what I said? (btw, I'd recommend looking at my Player Count library... what your doing seems extremely complicated without even needing to)

And two, just put a arg in Myxyz that represents the location var, so that your "Location" arg in the output line will work.
Ok thanks.