ID:273646

Is there a command or something I can send to a window to have it close the same way as if the player clicked the x or can the best I do is just show/hide it?

I haven't been able to find anything so I just figured I'd ask.
In response to Warlord Fred
I know that, but it doesn't behave the same way as closing the window. It just shows/hides the window from view. I was hoping there was a command to force close the window so I could be lazy and not have to do some extra work to clear out a bunch of stuff and checks for preexisting stuff. If not, oh well.
In response to Pyro_dragons
Sample.
.winset"[windowname].is-visible=false"
In response to Magnum2k
Does the same thing as winshow. I'm aware of that as well.
Pyro_dragons wrote:
Does the same thing as winshow. I'm aware of that as well.

You're right. winshow does the same behavior as I provided above, but, the way that you're putting it seems like you're tying to do something else besides that.
In response to Magnum2k
Kinda sorta. As I stated, I'm trying to see if there is a way to CLOSE the window, not hide it. If there is a command that works the same way as if I clicked the red x and closed the thing. Just to save time by having the window auto-execute a verb on-close so that I don't have to go in and manually do it, show/hide the window, clear it based on whether it was used recently, etc etc. Trying to save some time if I can.
Pyro_dragons wrote:
Kinda sorta. As I stated, I'm trying to see if there is a way to CLOSE the window, not hide it. If there is a command that works the same way as if I clicked the red x and closed the thing. Just to save time by having the window auto-execute a verb on-close so that I don't have to go in and manually do it, show/hide the window, clear it based on whether it was used recently, etc etc. Trying to save some time if I can.

This should help you: http://www.byond.com/developer/Shadowdarke/sd_window
Closing anything but the main window just hides the window. So winshow() is the same as closing the window.
If you mean actually closing the window, thus logging you out, then the command would be .quit
Pyro_dragons wrote:
Is there a command or something I can send to a window to have it close the same way as if the player clicked the x or can the best I do is just show/hide it?

I haven't been able to find anything so I just figured I'd ask.

This is probably what you are looking for. If so, then it hopefully will be worked on.