ID:27376

Keywords: life, music, texavery, vexen
Thursday at 4PM PST, one of Tex Avery's newer songs is on the radio at CFUR (the university radio station in PG). Tune in at cfur.ca (click the "Listen Live" button in the upper right corner) and hear our triumphant debut!

In other news, my metal band, Vexen, has been in talks with a local producer and we're going to be entering the studio within the next month to record a four song demo. We're meeting with the producer on Friday night for coffee and to check out the studio, and then we might start as soon as Saturday.

Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked for that! We're going to be recording the following songs (that none of you know... yet):

Fistfiller
Dogs of War
Third Sun
Reinventing the Power

I haven't put my bass down all day, pretty much. We've got a show on March 1st and another show on March 21st which we might be headlining. There are talks of bringing the band Martyr to town and having us open for them, which would be ridiculously amazing.

Not that I've ever heard Martyr before, but I think they've been around a while.

Anyhow. Maybe I'll make a Vexen blog that's seperate from BYOND and link it when we get things underway, but I'll definitely keep you guys up to date.

[Edit:

I tagged all of my old posts. Categories, woo!]
That's awesome. I play the base guitar as well. I was in a few bands, but we always ended up splitting up. The last band I was in was about 2 - 3 years ago. Our singer sounded exactly like the lead singer from Linkin Park, he was amazing. I did by far my biggest gig with that band. We played in some big bar on the beach. We had to play 15 songs, it was awesome. We were a huge hit. We ended up splitting up a month later though. =/

It is hard to get a good band together, and to make them stick together. So good luck!

EDIT: I forgot to mention. Our second guitarest in the band (we had two guitarests) lived right next to Dee Snider (the lead singer of Twisted Sister) and he was in a band with his son as well. I met him a few times (I would always see Dee Snider at the Outback Steakhouse, which is a restaurant near where I live). So all around it was a pretty cool experience. He also gave us some tips. =P

Also, his wife is sooooo hot.
Awesome, man! Tell us how that all turns out!