ID:2749946

Problem description:

I'm having a problem with one of my interface windows. The link below shows a gif of the issue. When I play offline singleplayer, the interface window doesn't show signs of delay when loading. But when played online, and even offline using Dream Deamon to host locally, it delays in loading. Just like in this gif.

Is there any optimization I could do, other than lessening the amount of info displayed? Also I don't use a loop that has winset() in it.

https://gfycat.com/impossiblecompetentcoypu (I'm rapidly opening and closing the menu in this demonstration, but generally the same behaviour happens sporadically during play. It's like there's a 50/50 chance the window will do that every time it's opened.)

What you got looks nice.. to stay on topic I am unsure how to hasten what you are doing with out exactly seeing the code load it is taking and of course to that.. lessening how much it is doing may help.

However it seems like you could easily(and have the nice makings) to use a screen_object/screen/hud method to pull off this same window and not have t worry about some of that, aye?

Menu's over map elements are known to also lag the client. I'm unsure of what all that entails.. but but the amount of things the client is viewing all together with the map rendering may also be a factor.