ID:2753493

Solution Explanation

If you have tried solutions from other people but none of them worked for you(which was my case), try reinstalling Internet Explorer, I had Internet explorer 9 by default and it worked for the 512 versions and below, but not for 513+, after tons of research I found out that installing Internet Explorer 11 solves the problem. You should try to uninstall the current IE before, but in my case this wasn't possible, so I just installed IE 11 ontop of IE 9 and it didn't matter.

How the problem started:

This part was written before findind the solution(which was hidden deep into the forum)
  • I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, I had Windows 10 before on the same PC and it used to work perfectly, but now that I changed to 7 it doesn't work anymore.

• I'm not using a Japanese locale, it's actually set on English(EE.UU)

• If I open BYOND once it only gets stuck on loading, if I open it again, the BYOND Logo appears in the task bar, but I cant open byond by right clicking, if I open BYOND a third time it opens the hub, but its totally broken and not usable, it lets me click the cogwheel and open the preferences screen tho, and also log in, but it wont show any game: https://imgur.com/a/WBn1u1b
    byond-bug
  • User path is currently C:\BYOND(it was in documents by default), and I also changed the userpath with regedit, even tho I can open the Advanced screen on Preferences inside the hub and change it from there.

• I don't have OneDrive, only physical drives.

• I've reinstalled the BYOND several times in different places, with no effects.

• BYOND 512.1386+ is the only version that works, I tried using 513 and it gets stuck too. (Im trying to get the lastest 514 to work)

• I can't disable read-only on the user directory, it gets automaticlly enabled on launch, the same happens with the files inside, another one is created if I delete localhub for example, that localhub stays on 34KB when I try to use the lastest version, but when I launch 512, it gets to 2.400KB and load the hub properly, as if my PC couldn't download the new hub. (It also doesnt do anything in the task manager, it uses 0% CPU and doesnt increase or decrease the memory usage)

• I've also try changing the cfg name to cfg.old, but another cfg file is created and it ignores the one with the .old

• I've also check with process monitor, but there are tons of things that appear and I don't even know what I should look for, and its too much to make a screenshot of every byond.exe:
  • https://imgur.com/a/0mIRGdS
    byond-process-monitor

• I don't have an antivirus and my firewall is totally off.

• I use Radmin, I don't know if it matters to mention tho.

• I've tried everything I saw on another threads about this and nothing seems to work.
escarapela

-Mongo 2021