ID:2777530

Well, it was inevitable that one of the Unicode fixes in last week's release would break something, so I had to go back and spend some more time on that this week. But hey, I built a partial test suite to help, so that's something different. In the process I worked on some possible future upgrades to findtext(), but having a full Boyer-Moore-Horspool search in findtext() for long haystack strings seemed a bit iffy. Certainly I didn't want to pull the trigger on it for a 514 release.

There was another Unicode issue, again related to Cyrillic text, but thankfully it was an old one: input() boxes with lists didn't show the characters correctly. At first I went down a weird rabbit hole where I considered allowing input() and alert() to be skinnable, but... yeesh, that would've been a friggin' nightmare. It's something I should probably consider at some point anyway, but not for 515. Gotta get back to buttoning-up work on 515. Thankfully I found a much simpler solution to the input() problem that was quick to implement.

At the moment I'm looking at another couple of issues that didn't make the cut in time for this week's release, but 515 is looming large again and I really want to knuckle down and get that out as soon as I can. I hopped between so many mini-projects I have a lot to tidy up.

On that note I also really want to implement Hiead's checksum update that appears to speed up the process for a number of things. I don't know what kind of improvement that'll make under the hood to a number of games, but I suspect it'll have some small but noticeable bump for SS13. Gotta keep the spessmen happy.

Thanks everyone who's helped support BYOND this month. I really appreciate all of you who've contributed to the project.

When I was a kid in school we always had these stupid "In like a lion, out like a lamb" art projects for March, but I think there are maybe three people in the world who live in a climate where that's actually true. Screw those three people. March is typically a poxy cull of a month that ends just as bad as it begins if not worse. So here's hoping April won't suck nearly as much.
Hey Lummox thanks for inheriting BYOND and looking after it, I don't have digicurrency since I make my money busking but I will try and get membership through a friend.

BYOND might not be as mainstream as steam but it is my love, and I don't know where I'd be without SS13, Cow RP, X men, Dragonball Generations, Builders fantasy, and all the others that I leave unnamed and lost in some dimmension in space and time

Been absent for years, heartbreak that hurt so much I could barely use a computer. But I honed my skills on a project in 2020 and will get back onto something new when I have my own laptop.

Anyone in melbourne, aus? If you have an old laptop I will play you some guitar and give you some home grown bud