ID:278369

Ok, theres two things I like Byond and Linux but I can't get them to cooperate together so good. First off i'm trying to install the recent build of byond on Linux Ubuntu by using the terminal and make file. I followed 2 guides in the community that i could get no where in. And when I try to run byondsetup in the terminal nothing happens just a new blank black terminal screen appears please help me.
Unless you dont care to actually PLAY on BYOND, you'd be better-suited to install Wine if you dont already have it, then install the Windows version of BYOND. I think that this method has issues with ATI gpus, not sure. Games which dont require instant feedback and whatnot will be playable this way. The map and text box lag abit, so twitchy games are gonna be a no-go.
In response to VintageS30
If you've experienced specific issues with Wine and BYOND, could you please post them to http://appdb.winehq.org/ objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=10152

This helps the WineHQ team track areas of Windows functionality that are in high demand, or require performance improvements.
In response to VintageS30
I could never get BYOND to work with WINE in Ubuntu (I forget the exact version, it was the last v9 version of Ubuntu before v10.xx), but I have had it work in a BackTrack 4(R1) Virtual Machine.