ID:278419

The other day, I noticed my secondary monitor having a "seizure" with the display. It was going in and out of focus for a good 10 minutes straight before finally stopping. I thought it was just a loose wire, which is totally plausible, but it wasn't the display wire or power wire. The monitor is just old I believe. It's only a 17" though (like the primary), and I've been wanting to get myself a new and larger monitor for quite some time now, but have had no reason to until now.

As usual, I go to Newegg first with any of my electronic needs. I want to see what monitors you guys would suggest I buy. It definitely has to be an HD monitor, as I also plan to get myself a Blu-ray DVD-ROM drive eventually. As for the size of the monitor, I wanted a 27" widescreen, but it's not seriously needed; just a preference. It does NOT have to have built-in speakers, since I have my own 5.1 surround sound system. USB ports aren't needed either, and neither is a built in CD/DVD-ROM drive.

I was looking at this since it seems to be everything I wanted at a pretty cheap price for what it is. The 1ms response time is lookin' mighty sexy too :D Does anyone have any other suggestions about what monitor I should get?

My only questions are about the response time and monitors that have an HDTV tuner. Response time is the time it takes for the monitor to display information that is being sent to it, right? And how exactly does an HDTV tuner work? Does it work like a normal Television would, where you can hook it up to a cable and get your basic channels or something?

EDIT
I just found this monitor which is $10 cheaper with I think the only difference being 1ms slower.
I think HDTV tuners just have a cable or HD connector from either you cable box or from just the cable wire and normally come with a little remote so you can change channels and such. Ive only ever seen one once and it didn't work very well. That might have just been the tuner it was an external one you had to attach to the computer so that might have been why. But from what I hear that are great. So it might be worth looking into and/or finding some videos on youtube about.
Just throwing it out there, my chrome addon found it cheaper here.
In response to DivineTraveller
That's not cheaper... That's about $150 more...
In response to Spunky_Girl
Oops, my mistake. It took the base price, not the reduced price. I need to learn to read beyond the addons xD

edit:
here it was?
Nice. It's refurbished though. I thought you don't get any of the other parts that come with the monitor if it's refurbished?
In response to Spunky_Girl
I've never personally bought a refurbished monitor (or much of anything refurbished, sorry), but if you're interested in the 50$ reduction, I'd shoot them an email.
Actually, I read the 1 egg reviews on that ViewSonic, and they all seem to have the same bleeding/dead pixel(s)/washed out look problem, so I'm not going to go for that monitor anymore. I'm thinking on this one now. It's $10 cheaper with a 2ms response time, and has far better reviews, even though it only has 9 of them.