ID:278529

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have a friend ("Tor Crowley" on byond), who likes to experiment. Lately, he has been concerned with movement detection. I noticed byond allows me to make 16x16 tile icons. Problem is, well this...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Go to Options->Click Behavior, and change the default to insert. Then it should do the "old" behavior of attaching the previous turf as an underlay instead of replacing it.
In response to DarkCampainger
DarkCampainger wrote:
Go to Options->Click Behavior, and change the default to insert. Then it should do the "old" behavior of attaching the previous turf as an underlay instead of replacing it.

have you tried this recently? either options show no difference. if so would you not mind uploading your own version of this?
In response to Hulio-G
Hulio-G wrote:
DarkCampainger wrote:

have you tried this recently? either options show no difference. if so would you not mind uploading your own version of this?

It looks like a "bug". Basically, the Dream Maker map editor checks that the turf icon isn't completely opaque before allowing inserting. If the icon has no transparent pixels, it doesn't allow you to insert it over the original turf (because you wouldn't be able to see the original's underlay anyways). Now that icons can be different sizes, it looks like it isn't taking into account when the new turf's icon is smaller than the original's, and the original icon could show through.

Long story short, remove a pixel from your 16x16 test icons. I'll file a bug report.

<edit>
Bug report filed