ID:2788080

I had hoped to get past the map editor slog this week and get into a completely different phase of the slog, but it turned out to be a lot sloggier than expected and then my schedule blew up on me. So that's the excuse I'm offering and I'm sticking to it.

But seriously, my work time went pear-shaped and it happened while I was trying to tease apart more bits of this cursed old map code. The map editor is such where it made way more sense not to completely start from scratch, but so many bits of old code were so antithetically designed to the new setup that many parts still had to be rebuilt from scratch anyway. It's the worst of both worlds! Yay!

So enough whining: the good news is I have a really good feeling about where this is going and I think it'll be so much easier to work with, I'll have mappers lining up outside my door to leave offerings of Cheetos and Mountain Dew. That's the plan, anyway, but cash is preferred.

514 has not been forgotten, and sometime soonish I'm gonna jump back to that briefly for some bug fixes and a couple of low-hanging feature requests that can be done without a major version bump.

Looking a little further ahead, I'm kinda thinking it'd be nice to expand on the icon format and make it a little more future-proof. I have some ideas for that, where I might try to squeeze the rudiments of them into the first 515 release. But we'll see.

Thanks to all of you who've supported BYOND as Members or on our other donation platforms. I couldn't do it without you.

Next week I'm going to try very, very hard not to go to the zoo Monday. Working in favor of that plan is that my gout has been acting up again this week, which is another thing that screwed up development, but I'm probably not gonna want to gallivant on foot as a result. As for gallivanting by car, well, you've seen the price of gas.
Lummox JR wrote:
Next week I'm going to try very, very hard not to go to the zoo Monday.