ID:2793319

Bug fixes took priority for the first half of the week (and change), since a number of reports had been building up and needed to be addressed. A lot of fixes went in regarding skin stuff and mouse macros, but there were some important changes across the board that really needed attending to. Wednesday's release of 514.1484 should leave us in good shape for a while.

Back to the map editor stuff! I kind of left that in a bad spot over the weekend but it was really important to shift gears, so I'm back to that and making further progress. I'm really anxious to get 515 buttoned up as soon as I can, but not at the cost of rushing the fundamentals of the map editor and leaving it broken. That wouldn't be good for anybody.

I'm experimenting with a new method of handling resources for Dream Maker, particularly for button images: DMI files. There's no reason they can't be included in the resources packaged with the .exe and they're super convenient to work with in a lot of ways, so I'm actually looking to move a lot of the resources away from the old .ico format and move toward a simpler setup in the future. This came out though because of the fact that I wanted a little indicator next to var names in the properties pane for const, tmp, etc., and an undo icon for error messages.

Anyway, that's where things are at for the moment. Life is on the cusp of turning upside-down here but sometimes all you can do is keep calm and code on. But in all seriousness, thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.

And speaking of appreciation, I'm grateful as ever for all of you who've contributed to the ongoing work as BYOND Members or through other donation platforms. It means a lot that I'm able to do this.

Next week: 100% more chance of stress eating, 200% chance of having another cherry-lemon Dole Whip twist (they're calling it "cherry blossom"), and an unspecified amount of cheese. I'm also about to embark on my first ever D&D campaign. Since it's a holiday weekend, enjoy yourself, meat well, and berate a politician about gas prices. I'll be back Tuesday.
Oh?!?!?! First ever D&D campaign?!?! You a player or the DM, nonetheless, EXCITING! I've only campaigned once and played in several campaigns as a player :D
Cool. I'm glad you keep us posted on your work on BYOND.

"Life is on the cusp of turning upside-down here but sometimes all you can do is keep calm and code on. But in all seriousness, thoughts and prayers would be appreciated."

My thoughts and prayers are with you.