ID:2798142

This week has sailed right by despite being hard at work the whole time, but I really feel like things are moving along well. I didn't get to a lot of the 514 bug investigations I meant to, so that's something I'll probably look into more later today and probably Monday as I do a little gear switching. Those are starting to pile back up and I don't want to wait that long for the next maintenance release.

A lot more punch-list items in the map editor have been dealt with, and although I feel it needs some additional touches I don't think all of those need to be done before the first beta, so my main focus now is to wrap up what's there and make sure it all works. One of the big-ticket items I'm probably gonna wait on is garbage collection of pops (the backend never had a mechanism for that, and honestly it needs one) and the new frontend movables, but I may change my mind if it seems quick.

Some form of pop palette loading and saving is still on the list, but that's definitely going to wait for the beta phase. I know that's very important to all the mappers so it will not be forgotten.

Looking back, a lot of time went into slapping some sense into legacy code and reorganizing it to make some things work better, or debugging it to find out why they didn't work as expected. I spent more time than I probably should have yesterday reformatting some horrendous formatting (but not even nearly all of it) in some permissively licensed code that's been in BYOND for ages. I find it irksome enough when an opening curly brace is on a line by itself, which will carry a hefty fine when I become a supervillain, but what kind of sociopath puts whitespace directly inside parentheses (and worse, inconsistently)?

Thanks to all of you who've helped support the platform as Members and through other donation channels. It makes all the difference and I'm very grateful.

There's a lot of crap coming up on the personal front that's going to seriously disrupt my work for a while, but I'll be keeping at it even then. Schedules are very much in flux right now. But for now, it's a beautiful day and strawberry soft-serve is back on the menu, so it's not all bad.