ID:2802753

Life and time management beat me up a little this week, and the holiday compressed things quite a lot, but the good news is there's even more light at the end of the tunnel. A couple of the big-ticket items on my punch list for the 515 map editor were delayable, and I finally resolved a crasher that appeared in the icon editor, so I have very little left to do before I can get out test releases.

At the moment, the biggest items left are that there's some kind of newish bug with the world overview area in the map editor (one of the segments isn't drawing when it's first opened), and I need to add some debug logging for the test builds. So I'm looking at likely getting some test builds out to some power users next week, and their feedback will help me resolve any big issues that snuck by testing.

There is an abundance of smaller items on my list that I want to get to. I want to improve the display of the pop palette a bit; I'd also like to make that section growable via a movable splitter; and of course it needs support for loading and saving palettes. Below the main map view, I want a little status bar thing that will give tips on how to use the currently selected drawing control and any modifier keys, since those bindings have changed. Some of those I'm gonna get to during the test builds; others might wait till we're in beta.

Beyond all of that, my recent work on the icon crasher has had me thinking ahead to more of what I want to do to support a public API, and that means a little cleanup work on the icon code, which also relates to DMIv5. I'll have more thoughts about that over on Patreon.

I couldn't do any of this without the support of BYOND Members, and the donors on other platforms. I'm grateful to all of you for keeping the lights on.

The medical situation at home continues to evolve. There are more challenges and surprises coming, and a lot more uncertainty before it gets better, so prayers and well wishes and whatnot are all appreciated. The 4th is behind us and summer is in full swing, or would be if I could grill. Enjoy it while you can and make the most of everything, but most importantly: mak gam. See you next week.
Lummox JR wrote:
make the most of everything