ID:2807939

It's been a very interrupted week, so I'm keeping today's post pretty short.

Despite the interruptions, I got two alpha releases out with a number of bug fixes and improvements. RC3 mainly focused on features, with a new left-side splitter bar, a way to filter pops in the palette, and some tool hints. RC4 is basically RC3 with some fixes that turned out to be highly relevant to SS13: one where mutable_appearance was now being treated as a built-in proc even though it isn't, and one where defining a list with a type (a syntax I intend to support in the future if feasible) was causing compiler errors.

I was going to say things were looking really good so far, but the bugs that got fixed in RC4 were holding back SS13 testing and now a floodgate of new issues has been unleashed. I have a fresh batch of feedback that I need to work through before pulling the trigger on the beta. I'm already going through that list, but next week is definitely not in the cards for the beta release, but I still think we're close.

Thanks to everyone who's supported BYOND via Memberships and other donation platforms. All of this wouldn't be possible without you.

August is gonna be an incredibly bumpy ride, and probably September too, so that will impact a lot of the development schedule. I'm just praying the next round of news we get here isn't more bad news for a change; we could use a win.