ID:2824975

This week took a bad turn early on and threw off my self-imposed deadlines, but a lot still got done. For context, my wife and I spent literally all night Tuesday in the ER. It's hard to bounce back from that, and to a large extent I'm only kind of somewhat back to normal today.

Yesterday I got a new maintenance release out for BYOND 514, and it should be the last one before 515 goes into beta. I'm aiming to put out one more alpha release for 515 today, and then transition back into button-up mode.

One of the major hurdles for 515, testing a lot of major changes for Linux compilation, is finally done. That took all day Monday and was every bit the mess I expected it to be, but it's finally over with. I've found out gcc will scream bloody murder over problems in template code it isn't even using, whereas Visual Studio will happily ignore them. I'm honestly not sure which is worse.

I did bow to ample long-term pressure and added a new refcount() proc for 515. It's a last-minute change and I honestly don't know if it will be as useful as people think, but... eh.

I'm still looking forward to the SendMaps threading project and working out some of the behind-the-scenes stuff I want to do to make this go a lot smoother than the last time I worked on this stuff. There's a good chance I'll spend part of this weekend working on some code for scheduling function calls and messages and whatnot. I'll talk about this more on Patreon.

Thanks everyone who's helped support BYOND lately. Your contributions mean everything.

October is well and truly underway now, so get cracking on those Halloween releases, or the Stickster will eat you.