ID:2826608

It's been a whirlwind of a week but for once no big surprises messing up development, except for a last-minute alpha bug report. Although 515 didn't get out into beta this week, I've been doing all the button-up work and feel really good about next week.

Over the weekend I was dealing a little bit more with prepping for SendMaps() threading, which is gonna be the first big push during the 515 beta cycle. On Monday I had to handle a huge problem with the icon editor in 515, which was basically a consequence of the way icons got reworked but didn't get a lot of testing attention in the alpha phase. That was not a good time.

From there on it was largely a matter of testing things on my punch list that had fallen into the cracks and hadn't gotten tested yet, which also meant in some cases having to fix minor issues, document, or in some cases expand a feature beyond its planned scope. One of the main examples of the latter is sound.offset, which was planned for starting sounds at a specific point but I realized it was also useful for changing sound position via the SOUND_UPDATE flag. A couple of minor features also got added that were on the list and were relatively quick to throw together.

Just about the last thing I'm working on is a change to animate(). I added something new yesterday that's kind of a big deal, but it doesn't quite get the feature request to an ideal place. I have a concept in mind for dealing with that that's a bit hacky but should work; it's just a matter of adding that in. Likely as not I'll get that stuff done over the weekend or on Monday.

Thanks again to all of you wonderful BYOND Members and donors who keep the lights on around here. None of this would be possible without your continued support.

Big things are happening ahead. Cider season is in full swing, and you have only two weeks left to get your Halloween games polished up and your costume ready, and maybe a good Halloween playlist too. See you next week!