ID:2827318

BYOND Version:514
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 90.0.4430.85
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When you try to achieve the seamless link whilst having SIDE_MAP on your hosted world, if you don't have SIDE_MAP enabled on the single player dmb, the mouse input coordinates are screwed.

Video showing it in action (You can disregar the commentary. It is only a SIDE_MAP issue):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obxEenXPQQM

Basically when I click on the position "X, Y", it's actually returning input to something like "X+5, Y-5". Even on right click it shows atoms that are on the other coordinates.

So, when I click on the bottom and right part of the screen, nothing returns and it's like the input doesn't work. I think because it calculates like I'm not clicking on anything visible on my screen.

Skin elements still get the correct mouse input.

TopicData (on client/New) has no relation to it.

Even after removing the "pos" and "size" as saved-params, the issue is still happening, so it doesn't have anything to do with the window size.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1 - Host a world with SIDE_MAP
2 - Transition from a local world to a hosted world with the same skin using link() (seamless, since it's the same skin), without having SIDE_MAP on the local world.
3 - Get Mouse Input issues

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
//Local DMB:
mob/Login()
src<<link("byond://YOURIP:YOURPORT")

//Hosted DMB:
world/map_format=SIDE_MAP

Expected Results:
Mouse Input isn't broken

Actual Results:
Mouse Input is broken

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time
In other games? Yes
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Yes

When does the problem NOT occur? Never

Workarounds: Use SIDE_MAP on the local .dmb too.

Update on this:
1 - TopicData (on client/New) has no relation to it.
2 - Even after removing the "pos" and "size" as saved-params, the issue is still happening, so it doesn't have anything to do with the window size. Edited the topic to reflect that.

Were you able to see it in action? If not, I could try making a test case specifically for this.
The post doesn't describe what mouse issues you mean. What exactly is going on?
In response to Lummox JR
Basically when I click on the position "X, Y", it's actually returning input to something like "X+5, Y-5". Even on right click it shows atoms that are on the other coordinates.

So, when I click on the bottom and right part of the screen, nothing returns and it's like the input doesn't work. I think because it calculates like I'm not clicking on anything visible on my screen.

Skin elements still get the correct mouse input.

Please watch the youtube video I linked on the topic. It's only 2 minutes long and it shows what is happening, better than me just explaining it via text.
In response to Lummox JR
Bump. If needed I can try making another test case for this.
Bump...
FIGURED THE BUG OUT!

The issue is with SIDE_MAP. If the hosted world has SIDE_MAP on and the local world doesn't, the mouse hit coordinates get messed up.

Updated the thread.

The test case is the same sent before. I have the link if you need it again.