ID:2828004

I mentioned last week that I wanted to get BYOND 515 out into beta this week, but unfortunately scheduling made that impossible. Then at the very last minute, it was possible again, but by that time I was knee-deep in a difficult compiler bug that had only popped up the night before. The timing was just rotten this week, so it didn't happen.

But now I think we're a go, and my plan is to get this out at the beginning of next week. To save myself some grief I think I'll be doing some closure of bug reports and especially feature requests from today through the weekend to prep release notes, since all of that is necessary work for the release. Basically any of the preliminaries I can get done before Monday, I'll try to do.

And that's basically been it for this week: lots of straightening chairs, tidying up stuff at the last minute, and discovering an issue that really needed addressing now rather than later. I'm going to have to also do additional documentation for the few breaking changes, because they're going to be very relevant to SS13 codebases; that was one of the things that came into play this week.

All of you who contribute to this project as BYOND Members or on other donation platforms are greatly appreciated. All the more so for putting up with the lengthy alpha phase! I'm hoping this new version will offer great things, especially once I get rolling on the beta projects.

Fall is in full gear and winter is coming. I'm hoping to load up the freezer with pumpkin big wheels before it's too late, if it isn't too late already. Carve your pumpkins, scare your neighbors, and most of all mak gam. Next week is gonna be a big one.