ID:2829615

BYOND 515 is finally out in beta, and that means bug report season is heavily underway. I would have preferred more issues got caught in the alpha, but I think a lot of people's schedules got mucked up and got in the way, so that's understandable.

So now I'm in the process of hammering my way through the list of reports, and when things start to stabilize a bit more I'm gonna push hard on the threading project because that's so important to some of the biggest games.

Most of the issues so far apart from the map editor, which is a whole other can of worms unto itself, have had to do with various reorgs that were made behind the scenes during the transition. I think a lot of the worst of those are behind us, so that's something.

I also still have my eye on some features during the beta window, but relatively minor ones. I'll roll out what I can as opportunities present themselves.

Thanks everyone who's helped support BYOND lately through your Memberships, donations on various platforms, and even just your well wishes and your help reporting bugs and testing stuff out. It's all important, but of course without the financial support the lights don't stay on, and I'm grateful as ever for all of you.

Halloween is nigh! Butcher those gourds, mash with the monsters, present the pleasing prepackaged poisons to the goblins who darken your door (or not, if you're greedy), and hang the phone spammers in effigy until my glorious reign begins and we can hang them for real.