ID:2830231

(See the best response by Gooseheaded.)
So basically
For some reason
Every now and then my byond freezes while playing
It freezes (the program stops responding, I even get that message popup with the option to close it)
If I press wait instead of close, it unfreezes for a solid half a second and re-freezes after half a minute or longer. Then it stays frozen for another half minute until it unfreezes completely and works fine for a while until it does it again
No matter what server I'm on
I can connect to servers fine
it's just that while in a server it randomly happens
sometimes it doesn't freeze at all
Its basically like
The game runs fine > freeze(30s) > quick unfreeze at least the sound does and some in-game things load but not everything(0.1-1s) > freeze (30s) > unfreeze and repeat
Best response
If I had to guess, it sounds like Dream Seeker could be downloading something large in a regular basis. What game are you playing? Do you know if you do anything in particular in the game that causes it to freeze? Does it happen on just that one game?

To help diagnose your issue faster, also tell us the following:

• Windows version: Press the Windows key, type `cmd`, and press Enter. In the cmd window, type `winver`, and press Enter. The version looks like "(OS Build 19043.2130)."
  • BYOND version: Open the BYOND pager, click on the cogwheel icon in the top right, and click on "About BYOND". The version should show up in the bottom left corner of the new window, and looks like "Version 514.1589."
In response to Gooseheaded
Right so, it happens no matter the game I play or what I do in it, I just play normally
OS Build is 19044.2130
BYOND Version is 514.1589, but changing BYOND version has no impact on the issue.
Still waiting on an answer here, would be amazing if we get this fixed.
The freezes you're experiencing sound a lot like something is amiss on your system. Misbehaving antivirus software would be a pretty likely candidate for something like that.
In response to Lummox JR
Even if AntiVirus is deactivated, it happens so it can't be that
I wonder if this could be caused by disk thrashing due to low RAM?

How much memory does your computer have? Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, then click on the "Performance" tab.

Keep that window open, and play your game. When Dream Seeker freezes, look at the graphs to see if any one of them are suspiciously high, and take note/a screenshot.