ID:28308

Yo! So lately I haven't been around as much because I've been engrossed in stuff for my Acting class, I love it! I've never actually participated in one of these before but now that I'm out of my little loner shell and actually getting into things with the group, people keep telling me I've got a terrific talent for acting!

So I'm taking this class very seriously, because I'm having a lot of fun, but I need a little help with something. I need a published Monologue to perform for an audition in my class, so I was wondering if anyone here could help me. I'm looking for something dramatic, dark even, because everyone else is doing comical things. It also needs to be performable in under a minute.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love a web-link to a site containing the written material. Remember: it has to be a published monologue from a play or from a movie. The Movie thing is a bit frowned upon but I'll take it if its good ^^

I haven't been able to find anything on my own ^^
I don't really have any published or written versions of these monologues, but I figured that I'd tell you of three really good dark monologues from movies.

The first is the classic monologue in the beginning of Pulp Fiction, where Samuel Jackson is about to kill the drug dealer guy, he quotes the bible I believe. He also has one before that when he's asking the same guy how his boss looks like.

The second one is from Hannibal Lecter/Silences of the Lambs. Most of his monologues in that movie are all dark, and even a bit horrific. The interesting ones are the ones he shares with Clarice.

The last one is from Death to Smoochy. Yes, Death to Smoochy was a comedy, but it was a dark comedy. Rainbow Randolph (Robin Williams) is basically a condemned man, making Smoochy the scapegoat for his problems. Towards the end, he confronts Smoochy and threatens to kill him. This one is a little funny, because Robin William's dark humor works nicely. At the end, he also starts to break into tears before he could really kill anyone.

All three movies have a sense of humor in them (with Silences of the Lambs being a bit more horrific than any of them), but uh, give them a shot! I'm sure if you look on YouTube you could find clips, as well as the written parts online.

Good luck!
Thanks ^^
You sound shockingly like me when I was in Drama class during High School. Don't give up on it!
dont post on my members page >_>