ID:2834115

Resolved
Adding movables to the map could give them incorrect pixel/step offsets, and outright crash if clicking on a part of the map where only the background shows through.
BYOND Version:515.1595
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 106.0
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary: While using the map editor, a crash occurs when adding an obj onto a turf with a partially blank icon, by clicking in the non-visible portion of the turf.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) Download the following test project: http://files.byondhome.com/Higoten/Tests/ Place%20obj%20in%20blank%20turf%20crash.zip
2) Navigate to map.dmm and select the Pencil tool.
3) Navigate to the Objs tab, select the /obj.
4) Attempt to add the /obj to the map by clicking in the purpleish/blue default background, above any pink shaded turf.
5) Observe that Dream Maker has crashed.

Expected Results: For the /obj to be added to the map.

Actual Results: Dream Maker crashes.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? Untested.
In other user accounts? Untested.
On other computers? Untested.

When does the problem NOT occur? The problem does not occur when adding the /obj by clicking in the pink shaded area.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Adding movables to the map could give them incorrect pixel/step offsets, and outright crash if clicking on a part of the map where only the background shows through.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

Dream Maker isn't liking edited instances. I've got a map that allows me to edit turf instances, but the minute I try to add an obj anywhere on this map, Dream Maker crashes.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

1) Boot up demo project
2) open world.dmm
3) Add an obj anywhere on the map

Demo project included:
http://files.byondhome.com/Ter13/map_crash_src.zip
In response to Ter13
I was able to confirm this was a duplicate of Higoten's issue.