ID:2836097

(See the best response by MatterL.)
Hey there,

I recently had to change laptop, and my new one just so happens to run on Windows 11. Trying to get used to all of this, everything is fine... Except installing Byond.

For the record I am trying to install Byond 514.1589, the last version to date as far as I know. Anyways, once I click the installer, all I get a pop up reading "-Search for app in store? -You need to install an app for this task. -Would you like to for one in the sotre?" Clicking yes takes you to the Windows store, to obviously find nothing called Byond, and the installation doesn't happen. If you click no, the pop up closes, and no installation happens. Click the installer again, and the pop up comes back.

I tried getting rid of the pop up, I tried doing everything I found. Running the installer as an admin, using the Windows Troubleshooter, getting rid of the Windows Store notifications... I still get this damned pop up, and I cannot install Byond.

So far the only other way to get Byond on my computer I find is trying to install it via the Zip file, but I am an utter idiot, and I have no ideas of how to set up Byond via the Zip file... So unless someone can explain how to do that, we'll need to find a way around that Windows Store issue.
Best response
The Byond installer should be an .exe file.

The one suggestion I'm finding is right click the installer, go to properties, and tick the 'unblock' checkbox if there is one. Once that's done apply and try running the installer again.

Also make sure you downloaded the installer for Windows and not the Linux files.
In response to MatterL
Yup, it worked!

Thank you very much!
In response to MatterL
MatterL wrote:
The Byond installer should be an .exe file.

The one suggestion I'm finding is right click the installer, go to properties, and tick the 'unblock' checkbox if there is one. Once that's done apply and try running the installer again.

Saved my life +1