ID:2836165

I am attempting to run a private hosting for test runs for my projects before I commit to the master code, however, I keep getting a blank screen. My ports are fine, my firewall isn't interfering, and I cleared my cache through the "Clear Cache" button, and manually doing it myself. This is what I see:

https://i.gyazo.com/71fce64216ded0188f58175113dd6136.png

When I attempt to run Dream Seeker through the webclient, I get this screen:

https://i.gyazo.com/730dac638f598fc6e414b4fa7ea3464c.png

Running the game locally with byond:/127.0.0.1:port doesn't work either.

Also this keeps cycling itself on Dream Daemon:

Runtime in configuration.dm,223: bad index
proc name: Get (/datum/controller/configuration/proc/Get)
runtime error: bad index
source file: configuration.dm,223

-------------------

runtime error: bad index
source file: configuration.dm,223
usr: null
src: Configuration (/datum/controller/configuration)
call stack:
Configuration (/datum/controller/configuration): Get(/datum/config_entry/number/err... (/datum/config_entry/number/error_msg_delay))
(/datum/error_viewer/error_cache): log error(FAILED (Couldn\'t find get_var... (/exception), /list (/list), null)
world: Error(FAILED (Couldn\'t find get_var... (/exception), null)
world: New()
[19:30:34] Runtime in world.dm,18: FAILED (Couldn't find get_variable)
proc name: New (/world/New)
src: world
call stack:

I also run into an issue of me not being whitelisted, even though I whitelisted myself, and even set up the command to automatically whitelist users upon connecting.
[19:30:34] Runtime in world.dm,18: FAILED (Couldn't find get_variable)
proc name: New (/world/New)
src: world
call stack:

This clearly indicates that there is an issue in the game code, and that nothing is being loaded/configured properly whatsoever. /world/New is (one of?) the first piece of game code that runs in BYOND. If that part of the code fails, I doubt anything else meaningful would run afterwards.

Your game code is trying to use a variable or a proc called "get_variable," which for some reason doesn't appear to exist. If you modified the code yourself, try and recover the code that defines "get_variable."

Because of that, I suspect this post/issue would be better posted in "Developer Help" instead of "BYOND Help." (This is not a mistake on your part, Malerus -- I am just sharing a thought with the forum moderators)