ID:2841197

If you want to discuss any of the things I said in my On Topic post regarding BYOND's Shadowbans that isn't directly related to shadow banning on BYOND, please do so here. I welcome all challengers. No holds barred.
Reposting my reply here, saw this after the fact:

Xooxer wrote:
Speaking out against the alarming practice of grooming that puts our children in the hands of sexual degenerates, such as Drag Queen Story Hour, or taking kindergarten kids to gay strip clubs for lap dances (yes, this is happening across all western nations) is considered hate speech against the LGBT community. Antifa stands outside these venues while this happens inside with rifles and body armor, waving rainbow flags and beating or shooting anyone who protests, when they can getvaway with it.

I'm highly interested in the source on kindergarten kids being taken to "gay strip clubs for lap dances". Nothing seemed to come up in a quick search of my own.

"I know what's best because I trust my feelings, and your facts are false, no I won't look at them because I know what's true without needing facts"

Just also referencing your line in the next paragraph after that statement, implying that you do indeed have some facts to share.

"Daddy? Why does that woman have a bigger buldge than you?"

Oh wait, they didn't tell the parents LOL

They have books in elementary schools talking about shit kids should not have access to.
They are targeting children and affecting their views without giving the parents a say.

ANY PARENT that does step up and talk about, gets their mic cut off just like the other thread mentioned :)

Apparently it's not okay to read a book that's in a elementary school to the adults that are allowing such book in said school.

Welcome to America.

"You won't believe what we saw today Mom & Dad!"

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1529171752105828352
I'm highly interested in the source on kindergarten kids being taken to "gay strip clubs for lap dances". Nothing seemed to come up in a quick search of my own.

This is probably what he's talking about.

There was a family drag queen brunch event in Dallas back in June at a dallas area gay bar. Back in June, the main complaint was that there was a neon sign up that said: "It's not gonna lick itself" during the show, but in December, the complaint seems to be lap dances being offered to children (which didn't happen).

A big part of the problem with the drag queen rhetoric on the right is that it gets exaggerated to a degree that it's actually difficult to tell what's true from what's not. While there was a family drag event (family means the risque bits are snipped out in favor of gentler audience interaction and a less sexualized lip syncing lineup) at a venue that's known for drag shows (the adult versions of which sometimes involve partial nudity or stripping), It's extremely difficult to say whether or not anything explicitly child-endangering happened, because the right's position is that any exposure at all is child endangerment, and the left's position is that the intention is clearly not to expose children to overt sexuality.

It's really hard to suss out what's actually happening though, because conservative media insists on not showing video, or highly edited videos of these events that they say are endangering children, and keep on repeatedly lying about shit:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/drag-queen-story-hour/

https://apnews.com/article/ fact-check-drag-queen-story-hour-photo-965766299271

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/drag-queen-library/

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-biden-drag/ fact-check-satirical-drag-queen-initiative-purportedly-signe d-by-president-biden-taken-seriously-on-social-media-idUSL1N 2Z92PM

https://www.cjonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2022/ blicans-say-kansas-funded-drag-shows-fact-check-ks-election/ 69587801007/

FTR, I don't love the idea of drag queen storytime. I'd really prefer less shock and awe, because as a queer library worker, it's putting my life in danger. We haven't offered a Drag Queen story time in my library since I've been there, and I've received multiple threats from patrons who are insistent that I'm complicit in some conspiracy to groom their children for elite pedophilic cults.

I just really, really wish that the right would exercise more care and caution regarding their messaging on this subject, and focus in on the hypersexualization inherent to drag, and asking questions about whether or not normalizing drag acts and drag culture is even good for the gay community, because thus far, it's feeling like the bad ol' days of the tacitly homophobic 90s again for the lot of us.

We're inching toward being a member of our society, and being queer being too dangerous to justify being open again, and the right is intensifying this rhetoric to an irresponsible degree, and deliberately misleading people, and it's going to get people, and kids, killed.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
We're inching toward being a member of our society

"our" society.

and being queer being too dangerous to justify being open again

Maybe because they're doing this in schools?

and the right is intensifying this rhetoric to an irresponsible degree, and deliberately misleading people, and it's going to get people, and kids, killed.

Lol

Also snopes isn't accurate, that site has major agenda issues.
Boy you are just quite unlikeable aren't you
In response to Optimumtact
Optimumtact wrote:
Boy you are just quite unlikeable aren't you

But the video above where the principal explicitly stated that he kept information about buttplugs and dildos from the parents is okay? I don't think I care about being liked, as long as you listen :)
I checked the videos in Kozuma's first post but the first 2 were about high schoolers organizing a drag show and another with high schoolers receiving sexual education and a third about a crass book in an elementary school (which, while I agree is crass, doesn't particularly stand out to me as something crazier than any of the other crass books available to me when I was in school). Admittedly didn't give the second comment full of videos a listen. If the first were an attempt to reply to me, it demonstrated a clear intention to change subjects to whatever shocking thing you can find that isn't actually relevant at the time. Koz, if those were indeed replies to me, I'd ask you to please answer the question I'm posing rather than spamming random unrelated things.

Ter, I'm pretty much right there with you. I'm not as inclined against drag queen storytime myself, but I can definitely understand the perspective of someone working at the establishment that is receiving the brunt of the sensationalist panic. I don't think everyone has to like it, I just think the topic is being charged with misinformation and with what I'd consider fear mongering by groups that have ulterior motives of hate. A rational conversation between people that are upset/afraid and people actually involved in events like drag queen storytime would probably clear up so many fears, assuming both sides are willing to be civil and let their opinions become malleable from what they've been told. I truly don't think the average person who doesn't like drag queen storytime has any true hatred towards queer people. The media on the left and right both just have echo chambers that will swirl their viewerbases into a frenzy over something and get emotions so high that they aren't willing to listen to reason.
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
If the first were an attempt to reply to me, it demonstrated a clear intention to change subjects to whatever shocking thing you can find that isn't actually relevant at the time. Koz, if those were indeed replies to me, I'd ask you to please answer the question I'm posing rather than spamming random unrelated things.

There's all kinds of stuff I didn't post, and I used the space to also share videos I found interesting, it's not all about you bro.
In response to Kozuma3
Ah, just randomly interjecting those videos in response to

If you want to discuss any of the things I said in my On Topic post regarding BYOND's Shadowbans that isn't directly related to shadow banning on BYOND, please do so here. I welcome all challengers. No holds barred.

gotcha lol
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
gotcha lol

https://www.byond.com/forum/post/2840583#comment26349315

Can't even talk about our point of view without being attacked, it starts with backlash and ends with a shadowban.

They will force you into a corner until you act up.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
Can't even talk about our point of view without being attacked, it starts with backlash and ends with a shadowban.

They will force you into a corner until you act up.

What do you feel compelled to talk about that you are concerned that you cannot? I'm not here to attack, and I can't shadowban you.

Nothing you've put here has come across as a coherent response to the comment you linked to, but I may be simply misunderstanding.
Because as a straight white male it's scary right now, it's dangerous in our society to even acknowledge anything without fear of being attacked or worse, killed.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
Because as a straight white male it's scary right now, it's dangerous in our society to even acknowledge anything without fear of being attacked or worse, killed.

I'm a (questionably) straight white male with all that entails, so I can resonate with you for the most part on a shared experience in that regard.

I'm curious to know what exactly it is about being a "straight white male" that scares you. I'd also like to know what sort of topics are scaring you to the point of fearing for your safety or well-being.
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
I'm curious to know what exactly it is about being a "straight white male" that scares you.

She scares me, her views scare me, I fear for her groups safety and well-being because of their warped perspective, she's putting people in danger with her misinformation.

One of many examples.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
She scares me, her views scare me, I fear for her groups safety and well-being because of their warped perspective, she's putting people in danger with her misinformation.

One of many examples.

Okay - and I'll attempt to respond to this as neutrally as possible, as I want to just explore and not have this feel like any sort of debate or argument. I think understanding where you're coming from and where your foundations lie will help a lot.

I guess my main question in response to that is: do you consider the viewpoint put forward in this video to be one that is shared by the average person that disagrees with your views on politics? Do you think its more of a fringe belief? Something in between?
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
I guess my main question in response to that is: do you consider the viewpoint put forward in this video to be one that is shared by the average person that disagrees with your views on politics? Do you think its more of a fringe belief? Something in between?

I was in a discord a month or so ago that was BYOND related that had 2 republicans who both worked for serious services relating to the health of individuals in time of need, they wanted transgenders to kill themselves and openly were racist wishing harm to anyone not like them, I do not support hurting anyone. I feel like targeting people like me who simply disagree is what's causing the issues, because you're letting the actual issues gather members who share their extreme views while you all are pushing away the people trying to stand in the middle.

Everyone deserves to feel safe and loved, but there ARE people willing to do harm and promote actual harm to others, I do NOT agree with any side/person/group/organization/country who does such.
I'm not as inclined against drag queen storytime myself, but I can definitely understand the perspective of someone working at the establishment that is receiving the brunt of the sensationalist panic.

I really, really enjoy LGBTQ+ culture as a whole. Drag Queens are fuckin' fabulous ass, strange, glorious, amazing people, and I do understand the philosophy of hypernormalization: Where queer people benefit from people being focused on extreme examples of gay pride, and by the time a normie interacts with one of us out of costume, they start to suddenly realize that we're not as out there as they expected.

However, I just worry that this approach is wrapping around and being used to foment violence against us in numbers we haven't experienced in decades. Some criticism is definitely justified. It's just that the right wing infosphere has become so aggressively radicalized that by the time someone is at the bottom of it, all the rational people worth talking to have been strained out of the garbage juice that settles at the bottom of it all.

To be clear, Koz's reply is a key example of what I'm talking about. He mocks my comment including myself in our society by calling out "our" society. That's a tacit threat. These people are being mobilized to exterminate queer people. I ain't a coward, but I see what's coming, and these extreme right wing CHUDs are gonna fucking kill a fuckload of people, and any society that the mined from the blood of their enemies is going to kill even more.

In a nutshell, there's a conversation that needs to be had. Unfortunately, the goon squad ruins any chance at anyone leaving not covered in turds.

Page: 1 2 3 4