In response to Kozuma3
Okay I'm curious on your thoughts in regard to a few hot topics about the twitter situation then tbh

1) Removing verified check marks, making them purchasable (to recoup the massive sum he was forced to spend on Twitter because the trial was expediated to prevent him from using his influence to tank Twitter's value before buying it)

2) Immediately rolling that back when people obviously abused it and tanked the stock of things like Lockheed Martin and others

2) His refusal to unban Alex Jones

3) His firing of employees that correct him

4) Him disabling microservices saying 90% are unnecessary, which included the service that allowed 2FA - so if you signed out, you couldn't sign back in

5) The massive firing of employees to cut costs because of the massive debt he just incurred, only to rehire them because they were going to sue

That's just a couple I could think of, haven't kept my nose right on the details but I've seen that much at least lol
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
Okay I'm curious on your thoughts in regard to a few hot topics about the twitter situation then tbh

1) Removing verified check marks, making them purchasable (to recoup the massive sum he was forced to spend on Twitter because the trial was expediated to prevent him from using his influence to tank Twitter's value before buying it)

Left-wing advertisers couldn't advertise their LGBTQ bar events so they backed out, Elon had to make money some how.

2) Immediately rolling that back when people obviously abused it and tanked the stock of things like Lockheed Martin and others

People make mistakes, oh well.

Alex Jones will not be unbanned until he retracts his statement about making the frogs gay.

Sucks for them, guess they're gunna have to find a different job to eat at.

4) Him disabling microservices saying 90% are unnecessary, which included the service that allowed 2FA - so if you signed out, you couldn't sign back in

Not my problem.

5) The massive firing of employees to cut costs because of the massive debt he just incurred, only to rehire them because they were going to sue

They deserve to be fired and much worse.

That's just a couple I could think of, haven't kept my nose right on the details but I've seen that much at least lol

Elon Musk saved America, from you
In response to Albro1
Not Koz but I wanna address a couple things

Albro1 wrote:
Initial rollout was a trainwreck, but they look like they're actually making changes to try and make it somewhat viable. Actually-verified entities have golden checkmarks now, which is neat.

Albro1 wrote:
I really do wonder if some of the bans are personal beef. I'd like to think they aren't, but who knows.

Albro1 wrote:
Unfamiliar with this. Do you have a story/tweet/link? I'd be interested. (Not a Musk fan but I'm curious)

Albro1 wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA I remember this. What a fucking joke man.
Imagine actually using twitter to feed your ego? I've never had a twitter account because groups of people always tend to go full-retard.
I keep one just to be able to view Twitter without getting a boatload of "Sign up now!" dialogs in my face. Highly recommend.
In response to Spevacus
Spevacus wrote:
I keep one just to be able to view Twitter without getting a boatload of "Sign up now!" dialogs in my face. Highly recommend.

Imagine
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
Imagine

Yes my ego is sufficiently stroked when I don't get shown "Sign up now to view or else!" endlessly when scrolling. God damn do I get off to that.
In response to Spevacus
Spevacus wrote:
endlessly scrolling

Imagine

In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
Spevacus wrote:
endlessly scrolling

Imagine

Nice removal of "when" there
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
Left-wing advertisers couldn't advertise their LGBTQ bar events so they backed out, Elon had to make money some how.

Under Elon's free speech leadership they absolutely could've advertised it, they specifically backed out because they didn't want to be associated with what was happening to the platform. This is simply the free market at work, companies are free to associate with whatever other companies they want, but it is pretty objectively a clusterfuck (even if you don't pin any of the blame on Elon at all, the situation itself is a clusterfuck).

People make mistakes, oh well.

Okay so you can admit that it was a mistake...which is kinda the point. The whole situation is a clusterfuck. Something tells me you're inferring that I am by extension trying to talk big shit about Elon, but all I did was call out the mistakes he made around the Twitter situation and some situations of minor hypocrisy in regards to free speech.

Alex Jones will not be unbanned until he retracts his statement about making the frogs gay.

Okay but in reality, we should both be aware that he was kept banned because Musk took exception to his conspiracy claims about Sandy Hook because Musk's child died. Musk claimed his child died in his arms. Musk's wife (or is it ex-wife? Honestly not sure on that) apparently alleged that the child died in her arms, not his, but that's not important.

Sucks for them, guess they're gunna have to find a different job to eat at.

You're not incorrect, but that does fly directly in the face of his claims of free speech absolutism.

Not my problem.

None of this was ever about it being your problem, its about the clusterfuck that you claim is subjective. A stance that you're...not really holding very well, admittedly.

They deserve to be fired and much worse.

I would ask what makes you think that, but it isn't relevant. Refer to the above response to the previous point.

Elon Musk saved America, from you

:O What did I do to America that caused it to need saving? I'm sensing some potential assumptions about me here but I don't wanna assume your assumptions so I'll ask so you can explain
In response to Spevacus
Spevacus wrote:
Nice removal of "when" there

Hooters has determined that to be unfactual and biased information to help spread the narrative that frogs are being turned gay.
In response to Spevacus
Spevacus wrote:
Initial rollout was a trainwreck, but they look like they're actually making changes to try and make it somewhat viable. Actually-verified entities have golden checkmarks now, which is neat.

That's good. I use it for personal business related things but haven't kept up much with what's been happening in the wake of the shit storm.

I really do wonder if some of the bans are personal beef. I'd like to think they aren't, but who knows.

Check my reply to Koz for the actual reason. It's because of Sandy Hook conspiracy.

Unfamiliar with this. Do you have a story/tweet/link? I'd be interested. (Not a Musk fan but I'm curious)

Here's an article about it.
Also, the Twitter interactions one specific instance:
Employee quote tweets musk pointing out what he said was factually incorrect, which was backed up by others. Check the replies where Musk has a conversation with him, and he responds with full explanations on what he's worked on.
And here is his update the next day, fired and unable to access his work PC.
In response to Spevacus
Spevacus wrote:
The first reply that jumped out to me being profoundly negative of yours was this one. Not lockable, but it was a sign that things were becoming less civil.

Granted. That is a hot take. In my defense, I have been debating only the most choice trolls on youtube, so I may be a bit lacking in tact. Use or lose it, amiright? I can come less aggressive, certainly.

Your next reply to Albro started out much better until you called him lazy and weak

I did no such thing. If you read closely, I asked him if his goal was to seem lazy and weak in his position.

Calling his argument weak would've sufficed,

Which is why I did.

but you made it personal.

I was unaware that a person's position was considered a personal identity. Although, now that you bring it up, that does explain very well why everytime I attack someone's argument they get super defensive and react as though I was attacking their personal identity. It's absurd, yet insightful.

I suppose it's forgivable since Oranges (Optimumtact) came in with responses these,

I am of the mind that two wrong don't make a right.

but it's all building up to "Not okay". Again, the lock is for the thread, not you specifically.

Yes. Kozuma highlighted this tactic already, and it does seem to be the standard around here, having been made victim to it both here and in Discord, by the same actors, too. Why you allow this is beyond me. I demoted anyone who baited people into punishment when I ran Chatters. Why fizz is given free reign to be simply horrible is... making your moderation very sus, bro. Very sus indeed. Why, it's almost like you sanction his antics because it provides you the excuse you need to slap people around. But hey, what do I know, right? It's not like I've herded you cats before. (I have)

I know it might feel that way since the lock came in before you were able to respond, but you took two hours to write a response.

I was pretty sure Lumms didn't know I was replying, but he would be rather ignorant to think I never would. You may not know this, but using the BYOND forums on a smart phone is a practice in masochism. If I was on my computer, it probably would have been a fifteen minute write up.

The fact that the lock came in when it did doesn't mean it picked a side. If it did, it would've been a ban instead.

Yeah, I'm not so certain. Ter got to tear into me without a retort, then bragged about how 'this would go down', lording his moderator position over me afterwords. Judging by what Koz claims (who's been right about all of this so far) this is the standard practice.

Lummox is no fool, and knows how I'd likely respond to libel. I'm guessing he set his watch by the time it took me to open a new thread. Maybe he thought I'd just take it like a good little boy, and not werewolf, but I very much doubt it. I'm no fool, either.
All I (and probably Lummox) want is for y'alls discussion to take place without personal attacks, on any side.

Aye, Cap'n. That I can do.

Xooxer wrote:
Oh, did I bring up the truth? Yeah, my bad. I forgot I was supposed to tow the party line. Do I make my check out to you, or The Big Guy? Oh, he automatically gets 10%? Cool. So how does $10 billion sound?

Making the check out to me would be awesome, actually.

In Roman Liras?
In response to Xooxer
Xooxer wrote:
Granted. That is a hot take. In my defense, I have been debating only the most choice trolls on youtube, so I may be a bit lacking in tact. Use or lose it, amiright? I can come less aggressive, certainly.

<3

Xooxer wrote:
Your next reply to Albro started out much better until you called him lazy and weak
I did no such thing. If you read closely, I asked him if his goal was to seem lazy and weak in his position.

I think I'll just agree to disagree here.

Xooxer wrote:
but it's all building up to "Not okay". Again, the lock is for the thread, not you specifically.

Yes. Kozuma highlighted this tactic already, and it does seem to be the standard around here, having been made victim to it both here and in Discord, by the same actors, too. Why you allow this is beyond me. I demoted anyone who baited people into punishment when I ran Chatters. Why fizz is given free reign to be simply horrible is... making your moderation very sus, bro. Very sus indeed. Why, it's almost like you sanction his antics because it provides you the excuse you need to slap people around. But hey, what do I know, right? It's not like I've herded you cats before. (I have)

To be clear, are you accusing Lummox of allowing Fizzy and others to be inflammatory in a roundabout way to bait you into a potentially rule-breaking response? Because I can assure you Lummox literally doesn't have time for that nonsense. I kinda do, but I don't want to do that. I'll begin removing relentlessly off-topic postings from threads of this nature in the future, though, as I do feel like doing so would make for better discussion.

Xooxer wrote:
Yeah, I'm not so certain. Ter got to tear into me without a retort, then bragged about how 'this would go down', lording his moderator position over me afterwords. Judging by what Koz claims (who's been right about all of this so far) this is the standard practice.

When you say "His (Ter's) moderator position", do you mean his Discord moderator permissions? Because he's not a mod here on the forums anymore. Hasn't been for several years to my knowledge.

Xooxer wrote:
All I (and probably Lummox) want is for y'alls discussion to take place without personal attacks, on any side.

Aye, Cap'n. That I can do.

<3

Xooxer wrote:
Xooxer wrote:
Oh, did I bring up the truth? Yeah, my bad. I forgot I was supposed to tow the party line. Do I make my check out to you, or The Big Guy? Oh, he automatically gets 10%? Cool. So how does $10 billion sound?

Making the check out to me would be awesome, actually.

In Roman Liras?

In North Korean Won, if you don't mind.
In response to Spevacus
Spevacus wrote:
To be clear, are you accusing Lummox of allowing Fizzy and others to be inflammatory in a roundabout way to bait you into a potentially rule-breaking response?

Confirmed, the fall of BYOND was an inside job.
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:

I'm not on Twitter, so I only know as much as I've seen in podcasts on YouTube, but already I can see some issues with your questions. I'll do my best to sort it out.

Prior to Elon's purchase, Twitter was subsidized by ESG funds. We are unsure how deeply the funding went, but it was clearly a massive sum. ESG fund are investments from large investment corporations, and the acronym stands for Environmental, Social, Governance funding. Basically, if your company promotes climate awareness, social justice, and abides by government requests, it gets heavily funded by these firms, such as Vanguard.

After Elon took over, those funds were stopped. Twitter is now losing roughly $4 million a day, and that's after letting a huge portion of the employees go. Of course, some of that loss is from advertisers boycotting the company, but a great portion was from these ESG funds.

Making verification a subscription service was an attempt to offset those loses. It was also a way to dismantle the exclusive club of authority that had been built up over the years. Verified users were seen as a special class, above the rabble of the common plebs, and afforded special consideration when giving opinions, or used as authoritative sources in news articles and broadcasts.

If you were unwilling to promote the left's agenda, or were seen as a threat to the narrative, you either lost your verification, or were denied it. This segregated dissenting voices and made the blue checkmark a badge of honor for political elites and pundits. Elon took that away by offering this special elite position in the platform to everyone with $8. A chad move.

He rolled it back because it wasn't profitable enough for the trouble it was worth, and because the elite verified users had been effectively disbanded within days of rolling it out.

Unforgivable.

I don't recall hearing about that. News to me.

Considering how much the company is costing him, reducing costs makes sense. Yeah, I don't doubt problems arose in the transition. That's big tech. It's not always smooth sailing. I can't speak to the specifics because, again, I don't use Twitter.

If you are referring to who I think you are referring to, then you've been had. Johnson and Sugma? That was a troll. Sugma johnson. Get it? It was lulz. Don't feel too bad. The liberal news outlets all fell for it too. An epic troll, IMHO.

Same. I hear about Elon and Twitter, but I don't follow the drama. Too much grass to touch.
In response to Spevacus
I have never been privy to who is a mod and who isn't. I knew Ter was in Discord, so I assumed he was here as well.

And yes. Fizz is what is known as a "useful idiot". I'm not calling him an idiot, that's just the term used to describe someone allowed to be unruly in order to excuse punishment against people who react to him, mainly in communist countries to control dissent.

I don't assume ignorance when malice can explain events. I've been burned too many times.
I have never been privy to who is a mod and who isn't. I knew Ter was in Discord, so I assumed he was here as well.

Nope, stepped down because I wasn't allowed to ban the three people who later became such a problem that they got themselves shadowbanned.
In response to Xooxer
Xooxer wrote:
Maybe he thought I'd just take it like a good little boy, and not werewolf, but I very much doubt it. I'm no fool, either.

LMAO

You guys are taking the integrity and free speech ability of the BYOND forums way way too seriously.
Also Xooxer you in particular have said like 10 things that are just insane and it's wild to me that none else cares.
In response to LemonInTheDark
(its because this is par for the course and actually tame for what he usually says lmao)
Page: 1 2 3 4