In response to LemonInTheDark
LemonInTheDark wrote:
Also Xooxer you in particular have said like 10 things that are just insane and it's wild to me that none else cares.

Why is no one offended with me :(
In response to LemonInTheDark
LemonInTheDark wrote:
Also Xooxer you in particular have said like 10 things that are just insane and it's wild to me that none else cares.

Hi. I'm Xooxer. I'm the resident madman. You need a good tinfoil hat supplier, I'm your guy.

I may say insane things, but I don't say untrue things. Crazy, huh? :D
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
LemonInTheDark wrote:

Why is no one offended with me :(

You're trying too hard. :)
In response to Spevacus
Spevacus wrote:
Unironically spinning up a new Chatterz would be neat, and as I said, I would actually come and hang out.

I am not planning on revamping the old code. Some of it will likely slip into the new project (some already has), but I'm rebranding and retooling the design for a far slimmer and lightweight application.

I don't want to tarnish the legacy of Chatters with... whatever this becomes. It will be tangentially related, but a completely different animal.

I'm going to wait until release to name drop it. It's a good one. I don't want to spend months on it, so I would like to shoot for the end of the year. I ha e something workable, but I need to add some sanity before I unleash it. At least an ignore function and private messaging.

I don't know how much I want to borrow from modern chats like Discord. I don't know how much BYOND could actually do. Voice channels? Embeded videos? I'm open to suggestions there (should probably start a new thread for that).
In response to Xooxer
Voice channels are a definite no-go. Embedded videos are possible with some foo-ing, but I'm not the right guy to ask about that.
The previous thread was not locked to inconvenience you or to "censor" anyone. It was locked to end a flame war, which is what it had become. Or rather, that's what it was intended to be from the outset, and if I'd chosen to be more proactive I would've just deleted it outright and much earlier. BYOND's moderation policy has always been to step in on flame wars with a fire extinguisher. Anything that can be discussed civilly is fine. When civility ends, that's where threads have to end. The fact that it wasn't deleted outright, and much sooner, proves the hand of moderation is not so heavy as you think.

As for the timing, I closed it when I did not to make you lose a rant you'd been writing for hours, but because it was time to close it. I did not know you were writing up a rebuttal to someone else at that time, but I also wouldn't have cared. I was quite sure at the time that other people would be doing the same thing as well, because when a thread ends suddenly, everyone involved tends to feel like a sneeze that fizzled out.

But when a thread is locked, it is not an invitation to start another to continue the verbal abuse. That's why another thread that just continues the rants has been nuked, and it's why I'm locking this one too.
Page: 1 2 3 4