In response to Mickemoose

Mickemoose wrote:
freedom of speech means i can go around slinging out racial slurs at everyone i see and you think no ones going to react violently?

Actually, freedom of speech doesn't allow you to verbally asault people. That's still a crime. You can say racist things, but you can't verbally abuse people with racist slurs.

naïve reality tbh people are going to react violently to this sort of thing but i guess we can just lock up every single person who doesnt agree with what they say right?

In a sane world, people would not react to every percieved offense with antagonism. Of course, that requires self discipline and a mote of self respect. Very rare these days. People believe that offense justifies criminality, and why not? They see it on the news everyday. 2020 was exclusively that. A bunch of offended people doing criminal harm to communities because of percieved offense.

Do you want to live in a world where, if you offend me, I am allowed to harm you? Do you even know what I find offensive? How would you deal with random attacks from people who don't like the shirt you wear, the color of your jacket, or how you whistle Twinkle Twinkle Little Star? Could you even live that way, always looking over your shoulder? Never given a chance to just be you? Sounds like hell to me.

lol lefties & righties are some good memers ill give u guys that

Lefties can't meme. Don't let them fool you.
Wait wait wait. So if you get a puppy from the pound, and you decide you don't want to keep it, it's okay to drown it?

I am against abortion because I have considered the situation dispassionately, and with logic and reason. The reason it is wrong is the same reason murder is wrong. You are ending the life of an individual human. But, Xooxer, I hear you saying, it's not a human yet.

Oh, then what is it? A collection of cells? So are you. Can I abort you? No? That's murder? You don't say. Oh, it's a parasite? So are you. Can I abort you now? No? You depend on others to live, but that's not being parasitic? How so? Oh, you contribute to the whole. Right. I forgot you were given that opportunity. Sure would be nice if that fetus was, huh?

Unique DNA is proof of identity. Legally. We use it to convict, to identify ancestors, and to prove you're not the father. Unique DNA is formed at the moment of conception. At that moment, a unique individual is formed. Legally.

But, Xooxer, I hear you say, it's not a person. It's a part of the woman's body! Is it? How is a distinct individual, as identified by unique DNA that the woman does not have, constitute her body? What, exactly, makes it exclusively hers? Isn't half of it also the father's? Yes. Yes it is. So it's not her body. It's another person's body.

If I gut punch a pregnant woman, and she miscarries, I am charged with murder. If that woman instead has a doctor induce a miscarriage, is that not also murder? How is clinical murder by a doctor not actual criminal murder?

By all logic and reason, abortion is murdering a person. You can label it anything you like, but in the end, you have one dead person to explain away. This isn't even a moral argument. I'm not appealing to faith or benefit to society, to greater good or to anyone's sense of justice. Just cold, hard, calculating logic.

Did you know that the baby fights and attempts to escape the abortion equipment in the womb? What is it fighting for? Its life? You bet.
just words who cares lol they cant hurt you if u dont listen to them

kinda sounds like some straw grasping here with some fear mongering, its either oh no the nazis are gonna call us bigoted terms or oh no the trans are all gonna call us nazis
and sure that happens to some extent but its largely the loud minorities on both sides yelling at each other while the entire rest of the population cant buy groceries or houses lol

getting mad about pronouns can be a spicy topic ill use that, are there a ridiculous amount of pronouns? probably i wouldnt know, but i dont care about that because it doesnt affect me and why would it im a dude lol. one "sir" in 2010 at work was all it took for me to learn oops that wasnt a dude and i apologized, which was well before trans people were very accepted anywhere so 99% sure it wasnt someone trans just bad judgement on my part. so since then i dont refer to people by gendered words because i dunno if some girl is rocking a fred flinstone look or not. its just called not being a dickhead lmao

the world isnt this weirdly interesting soap opera of rights being slowly removed by some shadow organization. its real boring. the only thing thats actually happening is the right & left people up top (the fed) are printing more money then there ever was in existence while telling the populations that the other side is the reason for shit being bad and instead of caring both sides just keep fighting over the same shit for the past 2 decades

waah abortion
waah vaccines
waah lgbt people

meanwhile the politicians all pat each other on the back and laugh because theyre all making 100+k a year and making money off hedge funds while you all fight over what words or terms offends each side more, are they men or women is it a baby or not? who cares youre all being played lol
In response to Kozuma3
Xooxer wrote:
Wait wait wait. So if you get a puppy from the pound, and you decide you don't want to keep it, it's okay to drown it?

are u asking a moral or legal question
morally? probably leaning towards no
legally its my property so who cares let me dunk my dog
Politicians or not we're all human, If the average person is a piece of shit then you can't really blame anyone for electing pieces of shit.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
Politicians or not we're all human, If the average person is a piece of shit then you can't really blame anyone for electing pieces of shit.

i not specifically blaming anyone for electing people, theres always hope a politician will be different and sometimes for a small time they are.
i put the blame solely on the fed
Just to be perfecrly clear, I'm not decrying LGBT people. Not even sure how that crept into this discussion.

Also, drowning your puppy is a crime. Just incase you didn't know.
In response to Xooxer
Xooxer wrote:
Just to be perfecrly clear, I'm not decrying LGBT people. Not even sure how that crept into this discussion.

I just used that as an easy generalization on the right

also yeah but so is smoking cannabis in some states doesn't mean its not my right to do what i want with my property
Mickemoose wrote:
Xooxer wrote:

I just used that as an easy generalization on the right

But that's not even a right-wing position. I don't know anyone who is against people being LGBT. We take issue with the way kids are being sexualized. That's nothing to do with the LGBT community. I know the left lies about us, but I hope you can recognise hyperbole when you hear it.

also yeah but so is smoking cannabis in some states doesn't mean its not my right to do what i want with my property

OMG, my guy. A puppy is not an object. It's a living being, just like you are. It has rights. The right to life being the most important. It's not yours to murder. If you kill a puppy, you go to prison, and get introduced to all the dog lovers who will have a few choice words for you. Don't advocate killing.puppies, please. It's kinda gross.
I agree, we should have the right to protest puppies.
I'm legit confused what the point of this thread is. Was it to spark a reasoned discussion? Because I don't see it being approached in that way: I just see a lot of anger and responding to any counter-arguments with "Why don't you just accept my moral position as objectively right?" Was it to say censorship exists in the world, as some means of carrying on previous discussion? No one is arguing it doesn't, but I don't see this case as a particularly compelling example no matter one's views on the specific topic of protest.

What, seriously, are you trying to accomplish? I'm not asking for myself; I'm asking you to ask yourself that. Because it really just looks like your only interest is having a fight, and if that's really your jam then Reddit is a much better fit for this kind of thing. Certainly this is not "Let's go in with good faith and change some hearts and minds" stuff.

The temperature keeps going up. Nothing has hit flames yet that I've seen but the trend is not good, and it didn't start in a good place to begin with. I don't have any interest in stepping on anyone's wish to bring up politics, but there are ways to do that without angling for a fight.

They rubbed my tummy cheif, I told them everything.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I'm legit confused what the point of this thread is.

I didn't know I required your explicit understanding to communicate on the forums. Are there more unspoken rules you'd like to arbitrarily apply to me? I mean, I already know I can't make a long reply. That's a no-no. Also, I can't reply to people's points point-by-point. That's right out. Should I DM you my thread drafts for your personal approval?

What, seriously, are you trying to accomplish?

Well, let's see. I made a post about the tyranny in England. I linked to a video with an example. I think I may be trying to inform people who lack understanding, like you.

People stated their reason for their position on a topic related to the lady's arrest, and so did I. Oh, but it's wrong when I do it. I forgot. I'm not allowed to have a perspective on the world. That's incitement, huh?

Should I report to BYOND jail now, or after Christmas?
initiating operation: engage_xooxer (level: "minimum necessary")(purpose: "prevent feeling of oppression")(flags: DO_NOT_IGNORE | DO_NOT_QUESTION_MOTIVE | QUESTIONS_INTERPRETED_AS_OPPRESSION)
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
initiating operation: engage_xooxer (level: "minimum necessary")(purpose: "prevent feeling of oppression")(flags: DO_NOT_IGNORE | DO_NOT_QUESTION_MOTIVE | QUESTIONS_INTERPRETED_AS_OPPRESSION)

In response to Xooxer
It's not the politics. It's the combative energy you keep bringing to each of these threads, and the victim narrative every time you encounter resistance.

You made a post about what you felt was tyranny in England. I couldn't be bothered to spend my time going down the rabbit hole, but there are pretty reasonable people who don't agree and they voiced their disagreement pretty reasonably. You keep turning up the heat in your responses. And you and I both know the wasn't post really meant to inform people, but to come in hot trying to score a point in a fight no one but you was interested in having. If you really meant to inform, then you wouldn't have come at it with: "And you think I'm crazy? Okay, sunshine." That's not what we call beginning a discussion in good faith.

Cards on the table: I think you're trying, maybe not even consciously, to set up a self-fulfilling prophecy where you push things to the point where a forum ban of some flavor is warranted, or even at a minimum removal of new threads along these lines, and even though it won't have had anything to do with your political positions you'll chalk it up as being right that there's political censorship on BYOND.

I'm getting this drama from both sides. You think I'm part of the problem because even though I've been patient with the politics I haven't been as indulgent of the behavior. Meanwhile others are borderline implying I have a Confederate flag tattooed on my butt because I've been so patient. I don't have a problem with you speaking your mind politically. I have a pretty big problem with the way you've been doing it. If you can't abide by the forum guidelines and be respectful of other posters, then this is not the place for you to have those discussions—not because of what you have to say but because of how you're saying it. There are places where that energy is a lot more welcome.

[edit]
In case it isn't clear, I'm looking to close this thread pretty soon and if any future threads are started, I'm gonna insist on a greater standard of civility. And yes, I'm singling out you in particular for that because you're the one coming at this with so much heat. Anything that falls short of that doesn't need to linger on the forums. If you want to believe that's censorship, well, no one can stop you; but it won't be true.
Xooxer wrote:
https://youtu.be/RgO_WSMvcdo

And you think I'm crazy? Okay, sunshine.

I don't think you're crazy, we live in a world that has lost its soul. Venting is healthy and I wish you could get out your feelings without others feeling like they were attacked and having to comment throwing your thread off the rails and causing you to be shamed for just venting.

without others feeling like they were attacked and having to comment

Letting someone know that they are sharing WASPy propaganda isn't feeling attacked or throwing the thread off the rails. Also, we're all capable --in theory of pagerbanning anyone who shouldn't be able to post in our threads. If the issue was that what's happening isn't intended, it would easily have been solved with a few clicks of a button. I think, plenty of people suspect that what these threads have devolved into was entirely consensual on the part of OP, given the pattern.
Page: 1 2 3