ID:2844444

BYOND Version:514
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 108.0.0.0
Applies to:BYOND Pager

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Pager's About BYOND screen clips version:

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Open Pager
2. Gear menu -> About Byond

Expected Results:
Can see entire version number.

Actual Results:
Version "514.15" can be seen, but the last 2 digits are hidden behind the "OK" button.

Does the problem occur:
Every time

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Presumably 514.99?

Workarounds:

Could you include a screenshot? It appears normal for me on the same OS as you.
Thanks for looking into it.

Aha! 4k screen.

Windows Display Settings -> Change size of text, apps, other

OK: Scaling set to 100% and starting BYOND.

OK: Scaling set to 100% and starting BYOND, then changing scaling from 100% to 150% while BYOND is still running (even system tray with pager window closed) -- the about dialog re-renders and has changed to larger pixel extents.

BAD: Scaling set to 150% and starting BYOND -- Looking at the screenshots, the about dialog is created at the exact same pixel size as a 100% window, but since the content is scaled, the layout overflows.

BAD: Scaling set to 150% and starting BYOND, then changing scaling from 150% to 100% with BYOND still running (even system tray with pager window closed) -- Text and images resize down, but the window resizes to too-small pixel extents, so the layout still overflows.

Will go make screenshots if needed, but I strongly suspect that the tests above should be repeatable, even on non 4k screens.
Hrmm. It does also look normal for me when I increase scale to 150%, so it may well be that 4k screen.

I'm not going to close this as I do believe scaling issues can be resolved at the application level, but I'm not sure if this is something that'd be fixed.