Conflict

by Rod5
Conflict
This is War. No kids allowed.
ID:2846012

My goal and vision to become a highly populated game on byond, as well as best ss13 in player count failed. My ego and confidence was assured by the sheer amount of positive feedback and following I had that it would be a success.

But, I was wrong, and was crushed under the same confidence and ego. As well as the flooding amount of hateful criticism by devs and other communities.

This isn’t a post to apologize, it’s a response to you critics, few fans of the game, and my future self to reflect on.

This defeat has only made me more hungry , and more ambitious. I have a new plan, built budget, and direction that I am more than confident will cement me as the prince of byond

It’s not over yet

Byond’s Gangsta
Let's go, fam. Failure is inevitable on the path to victory. You're BYOND's OG, you got this!
NNG rip turned RP.
BYOND suffers from being largely unknown. Unless you happen to be a Russian SS13 community or a furry ERP server. Simply creating a game and posting about it on the BYOND forums is not enough advertisement for people to actually find it.
Rod5 wrote:
My goal and vision to become a highly populated game on byond, as well as best ss13 in player count failed. My ego and confidence was assured by the sheer amount of positive feedback and following I had that it would be a success.

But, I was wrong, and was crushed under the same confidence and ego. As well as the flooding amount of hateful criticism by devs and other communities.

This isn’t a post to apologize, it’s a response to you critics, few fans of the game, and my future self to reflect on.

This defeat has only made me more hungry , and more ambitious. I have a new plan, built budget, and direction that I am more than confident will cement me as the prince of byond

It’s not over yet

Byond’s Gangsta

you just gotta keep at it and use places like IndieDB and other outside communities to advertise it.

also talk with Lummox about getting that BYOND exe thing so you can use Steam to your advantage ala "Nestalgia".

anyway ima still be cheering you on from the sidelines so go get em!
Use Unity instead.
In response to Viper
Viper wrote:
Use Unity instead.

Unity is a meme. Use Unreal Engine.
oh shit it's falacy