ID:2847634

Poll: Have you played it?

(Enjoy Rogues) I played it, it's up there 50% (1)
(Enjoy Rogues) I played it, it's alright.. 0% (0)
(Enjoy Rogues) I played it, not my style 0% (0)
(Don't enjoy Rogues) I played it, it's up there 0% (0)
(Don't enjoy Rogues) I played it, it's alright.. 0% (0)
(Don't enjoy Rogues) I played it, not my style 0% (0)
**Novelty option here** 50% (1)
(Enjoy Rogues) Didn't play it, never will 0% (0)
(Don't enjoy Rogues) Didn't play it, never will 0% (0)

Login to vote.

Ok, so I've been battling tonsilitis and a hammering headache so it's been a rough four days, but I hope that I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Would be nice to be all better before next week.

Just been watching Stephen King's "The Stand" and playing a bit of an old favourite of mine to help pass the time. I can almost believe for a moment that I'm not sick if I do this.

The old favourite is called.... (wait for it....)
Rogue Survivor
It's not a massive roguelike, like Dwarf Fortress or CDDA, but it's absolutely packed with fun.

It generates a city on a grid, turning the chunks into districts (buisness, shopping, residential, green)

You start off in a fresh city full of survivors and food, and your aim on day one is a little flexible. You can hoarde all the food and board yourself up in a building (my favourite option) or you can take followers, trade with others, take the fight outside...

Every noon there is an influx of new survivors, and every midnight there is a wave of zombies. The zombies don't need food or rest, but they go a lot slower and they eventually rot if they don't feed. Despite being very easy to out-manoveure, this game is hardcore(!!)

The food starts to run out surprisingly quickly. And the more humans that are surviving-!- means a whole lot less food. To make things more difficult, the zombies become stronger when they make kills (unless you have Romero mode activated).

I haven't really gone into what this game is about at all, but it's great and if you enjoy rogues then I would put this game into your digital hands in a heartbeat. Not only is the gameplay good, but the music and ambience is really disturbing. It really is one of my favourites.

It's made by some french guy called RoguedJack, I'm told he stopped developping it at version 9

Bumblemore
Here's the latest build:
http://roguesurvivor.blogspot.com/