ID:2847710

Things took a sharp curve this week, where I thought I was nearly ready for a release but a batch of reports came up that needed dealing with. The map editor had a few problems that needed addressing, and many of those were at the design level. This forced a pivot back to map editor stuff early on, and I've been there basically all week.

Some pretty big changes to the map editor are either in the works or already completed. One of the biggest is restoring, optionally, the old behavior where editing an instances edits all atoms using it, not just changing it on the palette or changing one atom separately from others. This was just easier for some people to work with. It's implemented in a way that's undo-friendly though, which the old system couldn't handle.

Also it was pointed out that the palette is just way too cluttered and should not be auto-filling with what's on the map, but should be more deliberate. So now I have a system in place where one tab of the control works like the old list of variations on the currently selected type, and any other tabs are palette tabs. Just last night I got in some code to make the palette consistent in a project across all maps, and persistent across sessions.

A few bugs are still on my docket to deal with before the next build, but I'm getting there. I was hoping to get a release out as early as possible this week but the scope of issues is just too big, so I'm pushing that off to next week but I still want to aim as early as possible.

My thanks to all of you who've helped support BYOND through Membership, donations, and on other donation platforms. It's all hugely appreciated and your contributions make this work possible.

Next week's schedule is spotty, but I'll be hard at work still and try to push out the first beta release of the year as soon as possible. The tree will remain up. See you next week.
Lummox JR wrote:
The tree will remain up.

Heresy!