ID:2849250

It's been both too long and too short a week, but it's over now and that's what counts.

I started the week by finishing up map editor stuff and final testing for the next phase of the map editor overhaul—or perhaps more accurately, the re-overhaul—and then got out the long-awaited first release of the new year. Overall the map editor changes so far have been very well received (having come in large part from user feedback after all), although of course there have been a couple of minor hiccups and small bugs. There's also a crasher, which I wouldn't call a small bug, but it appears to be an edge case because it's hard to reproduce outside of specific circumstances. When I have the test project I'll get on it.

The new dd.exe tool has a bug in its command line handling as well that's going to need fixing soonish, and I have more work I want to do on that tool also. The bug came out of left field because it's literally using the same parsing under the hood that the original Windows Dream Daemon does, so I'm very confused about that.

Map editor work is still my main focus for the moment, because one of the major requests I haven't been able to fulfill yet is being able to collapse and/or move parts of the interface. So I've been working on a docking setup—which is not actually true docking because there won't be free-floating windows, but more of a space partitioning thing—whose intended goal is to make it easier to move things around and resize them on the UI. I'm having to build a lot of that functionality from scratch because I couldn't find a good ready-made solution, but I'm hoping to get it working soon.

My thanks go out as always to everyone whose contributions keep this project going. Your Memberships and donations mean everything.

The end of January is always a slog, but nowhere near the slog that February is. This is where winter really starts to get oppressive, even though we haven't had much snow. I have no idea how GRRM thought people could survive years of it, especially with poor food preservation technology, let alone nobody selling Pinwheels or the surprisingly excellent Aldi brand. Bit of a plot hole, George.