ID:2854345

Resolved
Segments in the map editor weren't respecting their minimum sizes, which was causing the world preview to turn black if it got too small.
BYOND Version:515.1600
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 110.0.0.0
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary: When resizing all the panels to get around the previous bug I reported, I noticed that at certain size values the map preview would go black, seemingly at consistent size values though some larger and other smaller ones would restore the preview to what it should be.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Open a map file
2. Resize the map preview panel
3. Observe it suddenly become blackened at certain sizes.

Expected Results:
Preview should always be visible and not blackened.

Actual Results:
Turns black.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time but only at specific sizes which seem to be consistent across sessions but are sporadic throughout possible values.
In other games? All projects tested.
In other user accounts? Yep.
On other computers? Mhm.

When does the problem NOT occur?
See above.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? This may well have been an issue in older versions, but until this release I had never needed to resize that particular viewport and I've not gone back to test older versions.

Workarounds:
Simply set the preview window to a size that works properly...
I need more info to be able to replicate this issue. Without details I can't even get started.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Segments in the map editor weren't respecting their minimum sizes, which was causing the world preview to turn black if it got too small.