Guardians

by Falacy
Battle alongside your allies in an effort to defend loot from hordes of monsters!
ID:288388

bye
this is seriously hilarious so I'm just going to reveal how to beat desert solo now

S = squire V = wizard C = cleric B = berzerker G = gold

1. arrange your first 10 units like this:

SSGG
SCGG
.CCS
S.SS

it takes 10 bites to kill a level 1 squire and enemies attack every 0.5 seconds; keep this figure in mind. as wave 1 attacks the top left and bottom right squires may come close to dieing, if so move them away then back as it clears up. you will probably lose some of the gold, let it happen. if you lose any units however, start over. move some of the squires to clear away the last snakes.

2. sell squires until your formation looks something like this, then upgrade to level 3 light:

.S.S
SCG.
.CCS
S.S.

3. fill in the squires as the next wave attacks so you have a full box again. expand out one row, it should look like this now:

SSSSSS
SCCCCS
SCCGCS
SCCCCS
SCCCCS
SSSSSS

make sure to move units instead of selling and rebuying to conserve exp (and also to conserve money when selling any more advanced unit type)

4. upgrade to 5 melee, upgrade to 5 range, replace a squire in each corner (two in the top right corner) with a berzerker like so:

BSSSSB
SCCCCB
SCCGCS
SCCCCS
SCCCCS
SSSSSS

you should achieve this formation slightly before goblin archers.

5. upgrade to 7 wizards, expand 1-2 more times, make your setup's 'innards' a mixture of clerics and wizards. how you do this is up to you but I like this setup personally because it ensures every melee unit has 5+ clerics covering it:

BSSSSSSSSB
SVVCVVCVVB
SVVCVVCVVS
SCCCVVCCCS
SVVVVGVVVS
SVVVVVVVVS
SCCCVVCCCS
SVVCVVCVVS
SVVCVVCVVS
BSSSSSSSSB

6. upgrade dark to 15, melee to 15. in the process if any melee units die to scavengers try replacing them with knights. as soon as you get warlords replace a meeler in each corner then on each edge with one. simultaneously replace the outer layer with warlords and all the wizards with clerics.

7. allow skeletons to poison you. clerics heal faster than poison and give you val every time they do; you can keep this going for as long as you like by selling clerics that reach radial cure, but make sure to upgrade before undead lord comes.

8. upgrade light to 20, replace every cleric with a saint. expand one more time if you wish it.

9. if you wish it, make one more row of warlords. get break, upgrade dark magic ad infinitum. wow that sure was difficult huh

10. try and beat some of my records at http://www.byond.com/members/Falacy/forum?id=7420
In response to Mechadragon
lol your the only person that plays this game
In response to Fastflyer
Fastflyer wrote:

meh, i also play but im waiting for new updates if they come
In response to Fastflyer
Fastflyer wrote:

roflmfao
In response to Boronks23

In response to Xirokax
Xirokax wrote:
please i need sub

Buy it
In response to Fastflyer
Fastflyer wrote:

lolol
can the new version of gold guardians come out now? pleaaaaase?
Mechadragon wrote:

Falacy I think you should give this guy it lol ^^
Mechadragon wrote:

SOME DAY
I sorta took a break from working on it because the balance was horrible. I had pretty much everything set up by the 5th wave and then survived for 20 more without ever doing anything.
Hmm that name is familiar... You ever play Archipelago? seems like you were the host when I palyed it
In response to Repede
I did host it a bit at one point. I played it until I had gotten everything on the same character except for stuff like glass necklaces and maybe one of the brass things lmao

I'm such a tool aren't i
In response to Falacy
if you like I can help you tweak the balance

you basically need each new wave and enemy to provide a new kind of threat. you want to increase monster stat growth by like five times, and give each new enemy a new ability or a new way of killing your dudes (for instance, instead of wolves just being more powerful snakes give them the ability to attack up to two different units)

a cheaper way to do it is to make money dropped and the strength of new units/enemies/upgrades increase at an exponential rate, such so that you have to be constantly doing things to keep up, but that way you don't get penalized for early mistakes because later gains will be so much bigger so as to dwarf them